Disneyland Resort offers guests a wide variety of live performances, and many of our youngest visitors get their first taste of live theater in Disneyland park or Disney California Adventure park. Throughout the resort, guests encounter parades, dance parties, street performances, musical groups and live shows at nearly every turn. And even with all the spectacular rides and attractions available in our parks, you could spend a full day simply enjoying all these amazing shows!
Let’s take a look at the live stage shows guests can experience at the Disneyland Resort:
At Disneyland Park
- “Mickey and the Magical Map” – This show, presented at the Fantasyland Theatre, features Mickey Mouse and other Disney characters in a dazzling adventure filled with music, fun and special effects.
- “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple” – In this interactive show, reimagined in 2015 as part of Season of the Force, younglings train in the ways of the Jedi and help defend against Darth Vader and the Seventh Sister Inquisitor, from the Disney XD series Star Wars Rebels, at Tomorrowland Terrace.
- Fantasy Faire, near Sleeping Beauty Castle, features live shows presented in the Royal Theatre. Renaissance men Messieurs Smythe and Jones, with the assistance of some fellow villagers and a little help from the audience, bring the tales of “Beauty and the Beast” and “Tangled” to life with music, whimsy, humor and heart.
At Disney California Adventure Park
- “Frozen – Live at the Hyperion” – Coming soon, this all-new musical stage production will bring the story of “Frozen” to life in remarkable new ways at the Hyperion Theater.
- “Disney Junior – Live on Stage!” – Mickey Mouse is joined by favorite Disney Junior show characters, including Doc McStuffins and Sofia the First.
What is your favorite live stage show at the Disneyland Resort? Tell us in the comments!
We were just visiting Disneyland last week and we saw Tangled, Beauty & the Beast and Mickey & the Magical Map all in one day. It was our last day (out of 5) in the parks and it was so nice to have something entertaining that was relaxing and in the shade.
Our kids are 5 & 7 and they LOVED all three shows. My husband and I loved them as well. They have humor for the kids but also appropriate jokes that the adults laughed at.
The actors in the Fantasy Faire theater were hilarious and incredibly talented. We watched their first show of the day and their last show of the day and they had the same amount of energy in both.
I highly recommend all of these!