This week, we shared a sneak peek at some of the innovative technology you’ll experience during ‘Frozen – Live at the Hyperion’ when the show makes its debut on May 27 at Disney California Adventure Park.
As Erin shared, the team at Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Entertainment sought out new and exciting ways to tell Anna and Elsa’s story. The theatrical production incorporates state-of-the-art projections and motion capture technology to create several “Wow!” moments for the audience. Check out Erin’s original story for more details.
And Disney Parks Blog readers were the first to see the new newscast – “Inside Disney Parks.” Each newscast will be driven by the latest news and top stories at Disney Parks as well as video not shared on any of our other platforms. We’ll be traveling the globe every month, to all of our world-class Disney destinations, for an official insider’s look at what’s happening now and in the future – with a touch of nostalgia.
There is more information and show notes for “Inside Disney Parks” in this week’s story.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on.
- #DisneyKids: Carnival-Style Family Fun at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – As Disney’s Animal Kingdom introduces new nighttime experiences, some favorite daytime attractions will now also be open once the sun goes down. Over in DinoLand U.S.A., little ones will delight in seeing the midway at Fossil Fun Games lit up for the evening!
- Johnny Depp Surprises Disneyland Resort Guests as the Mad Hatter – Some Disneyland Resort guests got more than they expected from an interactive billboard recently when Johnny Depp, dressed as his iconic character the Mad Hatter, was livestreamed directly to the resort to surprise guests.
- Aloha All Day at Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa: Aloha ‘Auinala! – The fun continues all day at Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa – and so does the memory-making! As you may recall, throughout my series, “Aloha All Day,” I’ve been sharing the Hawaiian greeting for various times of the day.
- Go Inside Shanghai Disney Resort with Disney twenty three – The countdown is on, and D23, Disney’s official fan club, is giving guests an exclusive look inside Shanghai Disney Resort in the new issue of Disney twenty-three with unbelievable photography and in-depth features we know fans will love.
- 9 Questions with the New Chef at Monsieur Paul in Epcot France Pavilion – Tucked upstairs in the France pavilion is an exquisite little gem – an elegant-yet-relaxed dining room with classic French décor and vintage photos on the walls, French waiters in crisp white shirts and long bistro aprons, a menu of sublime French dishes and wines that rivals the finest restaurants.
- Prince Harry’s Invictus Games Kicked Off with a Heroes Parade at Walt Disney World Resort – The competition is underway, but before it began, athletes from the Invictus Games Orlando 2016 were treated to a hero’s welcome during a magical parade at Magic Kingdom Park.