This week, the classic Disneyland park attraction Autopia reopened and it’s now powered by Honda. We took Disney Parks Blog readers behind-the-scenes to see what’s new for this longtime guest favorite.
Erin also shared that the updates to Autopia will continue throughout the year, so be sure to visit again and again to see what’s developing along the journey.
And at the Walt Disney World Resort, we looked into the future and shared new details on how Pandora – The World of AVATAR will come to life at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in 2017. Recently, Imagineer Joe Rohde and Lightstorm Entertainment film producer Jon Landau showed how the land will take on new life at night with bioluminescent flora and special nighttime immersive programming that’ll add a magical touch. Visit our original story to learn more and see more images.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Support Star Wars: Force for Change at Disney Parks Starting May 4, 2016 – I’m happy to announce Star Wars: Force for Change returns to Disney Parks starting May 4, 2016.
- DIY Apples With Character: Minnie Mouse – Last week we shared a DIY tutorial on how to make the perfect Mickey Mouse character apples from Candy Cauldron at Disney Springs.
- Tokyo Disney Resort Plans ‘Beauty & The Beast,’ ‘Big Hero 6’ Attractions – Earlier today, the Oriental Land Co, Ltd., announced plans for major new attractions and theme park areas that are set to open through the year 2020.
- Come Celebrate All Things Star Wars at Disneyland Park on May the 4th – Are you a rebel looking for a place to commemorate May the 4th? Disneyland park is the place to be on this special day as we celebrate Star Wars!
- A Glimpse of Disney Cruise Destinations in Summer 2017 – Earlier this month, we announced where you can sail with us in the summer of 2017. From Alaska and Europe to the Caribbean and the Bahamas, we’re taking Disney cruisers around the world.
- Disney Parks Best Bites – April 2016 – It’s hard to believe another month has flown by. In April, we welcomed the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival, continued eating our way around the world at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival and are getting ready to Awaken Summer at Disney Parks.