About two months ago, I shared how my tween daughter relished in my assignments as a Public Relations Manager at Walt Disney World Resort. In particular, she appeared most interested in my interviews with actors and actresses from her favorite Disney Channel shows. When I found out that even more of her favorite actors were coming to Walt Disney World, I decided it was time to have an actual tween ask these superstars the questions from a tween perspective. So … I brought my daughter along this time and let her lead the conversation.
We met the group of young men at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. For the first time in its 18-year history, this weekend Disney’s Animal Kingdom will become a day-into-nighttime experience that celebrates the magic of nature. The park will come alive with roaring, soaring magic, offering something for guests of all ages. Cameron Boyce from Disney’s Descendants, Peyton Meyer and Corey Fogelmanis from Girl Meets World, and Kevin Quinn from Bunk’d got the chance to experience Disney’s Animal Kingdom firsthand in this whole new way.
After grabbing a quick shot of the young men with Mickey Mouse, my daughter asked these guys lots of questions and discovered the following nuggets of information:
- One of Cameron’s favorite Disney characters is Donald Duck and the reason for this is unique! He recalls his elementary school janitor doing the best Donald impressions. Since that time, the beloved Duck is who Cameron loves most.
- Kevin used to visit Walt Disney World Resort as a child, but now he appreciates coming as a young adult. He sees Epcot in a whole new light as he visits all the different countries around the World Showcase and learns about the cultural diversity of each location.
- Peyton loves the fact that he is now tall enough to ride all of the Walt Disney World attractions, after spending so many years missing the height requirement.
- Corey’s favorite food when he visits the Walt Disney World Resort parks is the famous churro! Whenever he spies a churro stand, his sweet tooth gets the best of him and he must grab one!
- Kevin’s favorite Disney movie is “Toy Story” and as a child, he was obsessed with everything related to the movie. He even had a Sheriff Woody doll and wrote his name on the foot just like Andy did in the movie.
- Cameron’s favorite thrill ride at Walt Disney World Resort is Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. He loves that the “high energy ride starts fast and goes right into a loop-de-loop”.
- And finally, Corey’s favorite ride is Expedition Everest. He had the chance to ride it multiple times at night and described it as “really awesome” and especially loves when it goes backwards!
Perhaps you can use these tidbits while planning your trip to Walt Disney World Resort with your own tween! And DO come experience Disney’s Animal Kingdom at night! For more information on planning a trip to Walt Disney World Resort with your tween, check out www.disneyworld.com/Tweens.