Mother’s Day is this Sunday, and as a mom of four little ones, I cherish anything we can do to make special memories together. There are endless possibilities to do this at Disney Parks, so we asked our Disney Parks Moms Panel for their top picks for an unforgettable Mother’s Day. Here are seven different ideas. For more, or to ask your own question about your Disney Parks vacation, check out www.disneyparksmomspanel.com!
- My ideal Mother’s Day at Walt Disney World Resort would culminate with dinner at the California Grill restaurant. If you are looking to treat Mom, I would recommend making reservations for an hour and a half before the start of Wishes Nighttime Spectacular. This restaurant offers unparalleled panoramic views of Magic Kingdom Park. During the fireworks display, the lights are dimmed and the music from the show is piped into the restaurant; so she’ll be able to enjoy the spectacle right from her table. Alternatively, she may choose to watch the fireworks from the outside observation deck on the 15th floor of Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Mom will surely be in awe of the breathtaking views from a very unique vantage point. California Grill is a dining experience like no other, one that will surely become an unforgettable memory of a lifetime! – Ritzy
- For my family, Mother’s Day means to give back to mom, and help her enjoy a day full of activities she enjoys. While there’s no better place than to celebrate it with a vacation to Walt Disney World Resort, a suggestion for the Queen of the family is to enjoy an Afternoon Tea at Garden View Tea Room. Located in Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, the most important person in the world gets to enjoy some select delicacies in grand style, while relaxing in this beautiful venue. There’s even Mrs. Potts Tea available for the young princes and princesses that may join her majesty. Reservations are highly recommended. After all, we need to roll out the red carpet for her. – Ricardo
- My favorite activity on Mother’s Day is to enjoy mom and me time with my nine-year old daughter. First, we head over to Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and have afternoon tea at the Garden View Tea Room. One year we participated in the Disney’s Perfectly Princess Tea, which was so much fun! My daughter was able to meet Princess Aurora and received her own Princess Aurora doll, tiara, bracelet, necklace and rose to commemorate the occasion. Afterwards we head over to Senses, a Disney spa at Grand Floridian. We get mom and daughter pedicures. After our pedicure, we relax in the relaxation lounge and enjoy the fresh fruit and tea. We both love to read, so we enjoy reading our magazines while relaxing in the recliners. That night we can watch Wishes Nighttime Spectacular from the beach in between the Grand Floridian and Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, which is the best location throughout all the parks and resorts to watch this magical experience! -Stacy
- When it comes time to celebrate Mother’s Day, I like to shop Disney Parks for something special … like a Disney Dooney & Bourke bag that my mom can enjoy all year long. Then I can borrow it, which is an added bonus! – Cathy
- Disney Floral and Gifts has some of the best pampering besides Senses Spas located at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels. Delivered to her hotel room, the Mother’s Day Collection – Grand Family Celebration is magnificent. She will enjoy sweet treats such as Minnie’s Bake Shop Cookies, chocolate covered pretzels, a frame to hold a magical Disney moment and a magnificent arrangement of red, yellow and fuchsia roses, white stargazer lilies. The Minnie tote that holds all the delicious treats is adorable. This gift is truly Disney and truly unforgettable. -Jason
- With Disney Springs undergoing its largest expansion in history, you will find new shopping venues, dining experiences and entertainment options perfect for celebrating Mother’s Day. Show mom just how appreciated she is with a shopping spree followed by signature dining at one of Disney Springs’ newest venues! Now that we’ve showered mom with gifts, it’s time to let someone else take care of dinner and treat her to a signature dining experience at The BOATHOUSE. This upscale waterfront venue is unique, romantic and perfect for Mother’s Day dinner. End her special day with a champagne toast aboard a Venezia Champagne Cruise, or set sail on an Amphicar tour, all accessible from The BOATHOUSE. – Priscila
- Finger sandwiches, lemon curd, scones, pâte à choux swans and Earl Grey tea? No, it isn’t a scene from “Downton Abbey,” but rather a lovely Afternoon Tea at the Garden View Tea Room at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa where mom can spend a relaxing afternoon sipping a lovely spot of tea and enjoying some pretty little treats on her special day. And of course, there are offerings for the entire family. It’s practically perfect in every way! – Kara