Update: This event has filled to capacity. Please keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for future event opportunities.
As we shared earlier, guests visiting the Walt Disney World Resort this month can see early preview scenes of Disney’s “Alice Through the Looking Glass” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Next Saturday, the Disney Parks Blog is offering the special opportunity to be part of an advance screening of the entire film before it opens in U.S. theaters on May 27, 2016.
The Disney Parks Blog hosted meet-up begins at 11 a.m. ET at AMC Disney Springs 24 at Walt Disney World Resort on Saturday, May 21, 2016. And at the event, you’ll be able to view Disney’s “Alice Through the Looking Glass” film.
In the film, Director James Bobin brings his own unique vision to the amazing world Tim Burton created on screen in 2010 with “Alice in Wonderland.” Disney’s “Alice Through the Looking Glass” is written by Linda Woolverton and reunites the all-star cast from the worldwide blockbuster phenomenon, including: Johnny Depp, Anne Hathaway, Mia Wasikowska, with Helena Bonham Carter and Sasha Baron Cohen, along with the voices of Alan Rickman, Stephen Fry, Michael Sheen and Timothy Spall. We are also introduced to several new characters: Zanik Hightopp (Rhys Ifans), the Mad Hatter’s father and Time himself (Baron Cohen), a peculiar creature who is part human, part clock.
RSVP for the meet-up now by sending us an email with your name, address and if you’ll be bringing a guest to WDW.BlogMeetUps@disney.com. Only one guest is permitted. A limited number of attendees may attend the meet-up, so be one of the first to sign up.
Also, here are a few things you should know:
- All attendees who sign up for the meet-up must be 18 years or older, but guests do not need to be 18 or older.
- Disney’s “Alice Through the Looking Glass” is rated PG and presented in RealD 3D.
- Limit one guest per registrant.
- We will send an email to individuals whose valid RSVPs are received by us via email before we reach the planned capacity to confirm their attendance for the meet-up.
- If confirmed, it will be necessary for the registrant and guest to check in across from AMC Disney Springs 24 West Side for access to the event. The confirmation will include those details.
- Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
- Meet-up confirmations are non-transferrable and have no cash value.
- Confirmation will be for the accepted registered person and guest.
- If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation, then your RSVP was not accepted.
- The meet-up is subject to change or cancellation without notice.
This post will be updated after capacity has been reached.
And here is other important information to know:
- This is a pre-release screening of the movie. Captioning, descriptive video and assisted listening devices will not be available.
- Please arrive early. Seating is first come, first seated. No one will be admitted late. The screening may be overbooked and seating is not guaranteed. Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures (WDSMP), its affiliates and the theatre are not responsible for overbooking. We may refuse, revoke or limit admission in our sole discretion at any time.
- NO RECORDING. The screening will be monitored for unauthorized recording. By attending, you agree not to use any video or audio recording devices (including, without limitation, cameras and phones) in the venue. If you attempt to use a recording device during this screening, you consent to your immediate removal from the venue and forfeiture of your recording device and its contents. Any attempted unauthorized recording will be reported to law enforcement and may subject you to criminal and civil liability. WDSMP and its related companies reserve the right to pursue any and all available remedies at law and in equity for any unauthorized recording and/or copyright infringement, including without limitation statutory damages of up to $150,000 per violation, and nothing contained in this notice shall be construed to limit our available remedies and/or legal recourse. You assume all risks of personal injury arising from or incidental to attending the screening, whether occurring prior to, during, or after the event. Further, by attending you grant permission to WDSMP and Disney Destinations, LLC, their licensees, licensors, affiliates and agents, to record and utilize your name, voice and likeness to publicize the screening and promote the movie.