Among the new entertainment experiences debuting Memorial Day weekend at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be the Harambe Wildlife Parti. The village of Harambe in Africa, a popular destination throughout the day, becomes a true hot spot at night with sunset on Kilimanjaro Safaris and the evening “Wildlife Parti,” a time for wild animals to roam the open savanna and for party animals to take over the streets!
This safari after-party fills Harambe, from its stunningly beautiful theatre district to its bustling marketplace, with the sights and sounds of outstanding local street musicians and entertainers, inviting us to join them in dance and song, partake in exotic foods and libations and explore the diverse wares of village artisans and merchants. Beginning in late afternoon, the popular Burudika Band takes the stage in Harambe’s Old Square as hosts of the Wildlife Parti, performing original songs and Afro pop hits from across Africa. As you explore the town, street musicians and performers seem to be around every corner!
- The local soccer team, Harambe Meerkats, cut through the village rallying anyone in sight for the big game of the day, entertaining with comic meerkat-inspired soccer moves, skillful acrobatic teamwork and dancing feet.
- Kora Tinga Tinga strolls along, serenading visitors to the town with the traditional music of the kora, a hand crafted African harp.
- Look for Muziki in Harambe’s drum circle, where this delightful stilt-walking music man invites children to join him as he plays on his own instruments, dances and makes them official drummers of the day.
- The three Karibu Sisters add to the rhythm of the Harambe Marketplace, where they set up their wares and engage passersby through storytelling, elegant dance, a cappella songs and acoustic renditions of African party music.
- The Harambe Village Acrobats are a troupe of skilled performers who push the adrenaline of the Wildlife Parti to a high point with their drumming, dancing, tumbling and climbing into man-made pyramids and spinning, falling towers.
- With music, dance and an ever-changing landscape of things to see and do, the Harambe Wildlife Parti offers the excitement of an African village filled with non-stop, wildly fun surprises and delights!