There’s much ado about macaroons, or should I say macarons. The two often get confused, and since you can find both varieties at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort, we made a guide to explain the differences between macarons and macaroons.
As you can see, there is a bit more artistry and technique involved with the French macaron. Both varieties are equally tasty – just in different ways! Here’s where you can find each variety at Walt Disney Parks & Resorts.
- Macaron with Raspberry and Lime Cream or Macarons Collection, Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie
- Macaron Ice Cream Sandwich, L’Artisan des Glaces
- Mickey-shaped Macaron (available in Rose-Raspberry as well as a seasonal flavor), Jolly Holiday Bakery Café
- Sample of Ice Cream Macaron Sandwiches at Carthay Circle Restaurant and Lounge
- Variety of flavors, Classic Afternoon Tea at Steakhouse 55
- Coconut Haystack, Sunshine Seasons
- Coconut Macaroon, Tusker House Restaurant
- Matterhorn Macaroon, Jolly Holiday Bakery Café
Disney California Adventure park
- Coconut Mickey-shaped Macaroon, World of Color Dessert Party