June 3 is National Egg Day, and to celebrate we’re sharing the recipe for a perfect breakfast dish to impress your family and friends. Trattoria al Forno has been dishing up this delicious Frittata with roasted red peppers, prosciutto, onions, potatoes, Pecorino Romano cheese and arugula—amongst other breakfast favorites—since it opened on Disney’s BoardWalk in December 2014.
Prosciutto Frittata from Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk
Makes 4 servings
- 3 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup slices prosciutto, cut into ½ inch squares (approximately 3 ounces by weight)
- 6 tablespoons diced red pepper
- 9 farm fresh eggs, lightly beaten with a fork
- 2 tablespoons diced green onion
- 3 teaspoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
2. Heat oil in 10-inch nonstick, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat until oil is hot.
3. Add prosciutto, stir continuously, cook until crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to medium, add red peppers to the skillet, cook until softened, 2-3 minutes.
5. Remove the skillet from the burner momentarily, stir in eggs and green onion.
6. Return to burner, as eggs begin to cook, pull eggs in around the edge to allow uncooked mixture to flow to outer edges of the skillet, cook about 3 minutes until most of the egg is no longer runny.
7. Bake uncovered on the top rack of the oven till center is set, approximately 2- 5 minutes.
8. Remove from oven, sprinkle cheese on top, loosen frittata from side of skillet with spatula, slide onto plate, cut and serve.
Cook’s Notes: If desired, thick-cut bacon may be substituted for the prosciutto.
Trattoria al Forno is the perfect place to celebrate National Egg Day, with several other egg-cellent dishes—Poached eggs with fennel sausage over soft polenta; breakfast sandwiches three styles of Italian pork and eggs on mini Brioche buns; scrambled eggs with tomato, basil and hand-pulled Mozzarella; breakfast charcuterie with cured Italian meats and hard-boiled egg; Breakfast Pizza topped with a cracked egg, or two eggs served any style. There’s even an egg white, spinach and tomato omelet for kids!
Trattoria al Forno serves breakfast daily from 7:30 – 11:00 a.m. Reservations can be made by visiting DisneyWorld.com/dine or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.