The festivities began with the Disneyland Band leading the “Happiest March on Earth” down Main Street, U.S.A., followed by a cast of 61 Disney characters at the Main Street Train Station.
We also continued our exclusive “All in the Details” series with a first look inside AbracadaBar, a new cocktail lounge that will soon open for business at Disney’s BoardWalk. As the story goes, this little lounge was a former stomping ground for the famous magicians, boardwalk illusionists, and lovely magician’s assistants of the Golden Age. Check Jenn’s story for more details on this new location.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- It’s Christmas in July on ‘Inside Disney Parks’ – It may only be July, but there’s magic happening right now inside Holiday Services at Walt Disney World Resort as we gear up for Christmas at Disney Parks.
- Unlock Disney Parks Emojis in Disney Emoji Blitz Game – In the new Disney Emoji Blitz – a game for mobile devices where players can collect and play with hundreds of Disney and Pixar emojis – you can earn special Disney Parks emojis!
- Another Look at Magic Kingdom 45th Anniversary Products Arriving in Fall 2016 at Walt Disney World Resort – The 45th Anniversary of Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort is only a few months away. Here’s another look at specially designed merchandise celebrating this milestone anniversary.
- Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort Wakes Up to a New Starbucks – Disneyland Resort guests will now find a new location for their daily dose of refreshment with the opening of a second Starbucks in Downtown Disney District.
- Disneyland Resort Announces Happiest Class on Earth Program, Offers All Sixth-Grade Students in Anaheim Theme Park Tickets for Good Deeds – The Disneyland Resort recently announced exciting news for about 5,000 sixth-grade students in Anaheim, Calif., as part of our 61st anniversary. For the next 10 years, every sixth-grade student in Anaheim elementary schools will have the opportunity to receive a Disneyland Resort Park Hopper ticket after completing a project that enriches their school or community!
- The Polite Pig Restaurant to Open at Disney Springs in Spring 2017 – The Polite Pig will bring a new twist on favorite local flavors to Disney Springs when it opens in spring 2017.