It’s no secret that Disney Springs has continued to evolve and grow since the name changed from Downtown Disney last fall. My fellow Disney Parks Blog authors and I have shared plenty of updates over the past several months … from restaurant launches to new store openings, we’ve covered it all. Fast forward to summer and we’re now ready to celebrate the Grand Opening of the property, giving you more reasons to visit!
With even more live entertainment for summer, special décor, sales at many retailers, and fun warm weather-inspired enhancements, this Grand Opening season is the perfect time to discover Disney Springs.
Check out a few of my favorite additions, going on through Labor Day:
Entertainment: Did you know that on any given night, there are more than 20 different entertainment acts performing throughout the four Disney Springs neighborhoods? This free entertainment includes a variety of live musicians, improvisational rappers, DJs, Living Statues and, depending on the night you visit, maybe even a roaming illusionist (my favorite!). We’re amping up the Florida factor with some additional local talent including Sleeping Sunset (Pop), The I-4 Band (Top 40), Chaz Robinson (Pop), Casey Conroy (Contemporary/Pop), Plus 1 (Country), Vintage Vinyl (Contemporary with a vintage sound), Dayve Stewart (Jazz), CeCe Teneal (R&B), The Gerry Williams Band (Funk), and The Liam Duncan Trio (Current Acoustic) mixing it up all summer long.
Beat the Heat DJ Party: Every afternoon, the Marketplace Fountain will be flowing, giving guests young and old the chance to splash the day away. With a combination of chill summer tunes and a variety of ice-cold, frosty beverages (with options for adults and kids) nearby, this will be THE spot to cool down.
Retail Offers and Promotions: An ever-changing array of sales and specials makes summer shopping during the Disney Springs Grand Opening Celebration a must! A quick walk around Town Center, our newest neighborhood, reveals that many locations are offering some hard-to-pass-up deals. Below, a few that I’m especially excited about, happening now (keep in mind that offers are subject to change):
- Columbia Sportswear – 25% off entire store
- Lucky Brand – 40% off entire store
- Sperry – 50% off select items
- Kipling – 25% off the entire store, with 40% off select colors
- Alex and Ani – 30% off select styles
- UNOde50 – 30% off select accessories and jewelry
- francesca’s – buy one, get one 50% off accessories
- Erwin Pearl – 10% off Maya Collection
- Melissa Shoes – 40-60% off select styles when you buy 2 or more pairs
- JOHNNY WAS – 20% off in-store
- ZARA – summer sale happening now
- LACOSTE – up to 50% off select items
- Johnston & Murphy – buy one, get one 50% off apparel
- American Threads – buy one, get one 50% off regular priced apparel, exclusions apply
- Keep an eye out for roaming PhotoPass photographers who will have Disney Springs Grand Opening-themed frames and props for you to pose with.
- In select locations, limited-edition “Grand Opening” treats will be available – I hear the culinary teams at The Ganachery and Amorette’s Patisserie have something sweet in store.
- Finally, with festive Grand Opening décor throughout property, you’ll feel that there’s something special in the air.
Getting to Disney Springs is easier than ever. Disney Resort hotel guests can take complimentary bus transportation that drops off in the heart of Town Center. If you choose to drive, access the property from I-4 West via a new connection that leads directly to one of our two convenient parking garages. Both feature complimentary parking and smart technology that identifies open parking spaces. Valet parking is also available.
With so much happening this summer, we’ll be sharing real-time updates via @DisneySprings on Twitter and Instagram. To celebrate the Grand Opening of Disney Springs, look for hashtag “#GoDisneySprings” launching today. (Be sure to share your own photos on social media using the same!)
I look forward to seeing you this summer as we celebrate Disney Springs in a grand way!