Vacation is often a time for indulgence, so Disney dessert recipes are among the most requested, and the new “Delicious Disney Sweet Treats” cookbook features 40 irresistible recipes from the pastry chefs at Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa and Disney Cruise Line.
The book includes elegant sweets such as the madeleines from Chefs de France at the France pavilion at Epcot, the Warm Apple Butter Cake from Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland hotel and the Mom’s Favorite Chocolate Peanut Butter Layer Cake from 50’s Prime Time Café at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. (Our favorite is the Chocolate Pudding Cake from California Grill.)
Each recipe has been tested in a home kitchen to make it easier to re-create a vacation favorite. Now you can make your favorite desserts any time of the year!
Madeleines from Chefs de France at Epcot
Makes 20 small cakes
8 tablespoons butter
3 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Zest of 1 orange
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted, plus more for dusting pan
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1. Melt butter over low heat in a small saucepan. Separate out one tablespoon melted butter and use to lightly brush Madeleine molds, then dust with flour, shaking off excess. Refrigerate pan. Keep leftover butter at room temperature.
2. Beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl just to blend. Beat in milk, vanilla, orange zest, and salt.
3. Add flour and baking powder with a spatula just until combined. Gradually add cooled melted butter in a steady stream, beating just until blended.
4. Refrigerate at least 2 hours (you can make the day before).
5. When ready to serve, preheat oven to 475°F. Fill each indentation in pan with 1 tablespoon of mix. Place in oven and reduce heat to 375°F. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden around the edges and puffed. Cool 5 minutes. Gently remove from pan and serve immediately. Repeat process, buttering and flouring pan before each batch.