As I continue celebrating grandparents this week, here’s a look at some of the best attractions to create lasting memories with the little ones – and the big ones!
Exploring the Walt Disney World Resort is a part of what makes a Disney vacation truly special for multigenerational families. The other part is experiencing some of the best attractions available across all four theme parks.
In honor of the grandest week of the year, here’s a countdown of the top five recommended attractions that will provide thrills, unique moments and unforgettable adventures.
- This Broadway-style show is truly a celebration of family, friendship and all things fun! Your entire family can sing along to the movies’ classic song while enjoying some of the best entertainment there is. I think it is a beautiful show!
- Don’t miss the chance to join in the party when it’s time to sing Hakuna Matata! Everyone can join for a chance to dance like a Tumble monkey.
- Hoist the sails towards the magical kingdom of Arendelle aboard an ancient Norwegian vessel as you set out into the wintery world of Frozen!
Children of all ages will enjoy letting it go with Queen Elsa as they sing along to the movie’s hit songs.
- Grandparents or parents, who may remember this ride as Maelstrom, will enjoy this reimagined attraction through the eyes of your children and grandchildren.
- Put your skills to the test on this 4D shooting game starring everyone’s favorite cowboy and space ranger.
- Toy Story Mania! invites you to play 5 unique, virtual carnival games in 3D alongside the loveable cast of characters from the Disney•Pixar Toy Story films. Points pile up when you hit your mark. As any good cowboy or cowgirl knows, harder-to-hit targets are worth more. After each game, your score is posted showing how well you did; after all games are played, your total score is tallied and displayed.
- So go ahead! It’s time for some good ol’ family competition. Who can get the higher score?
- Gather the entire family and prepare to visit the seven dwarfs in the diamond covered mine! This truly is an attraction that the smaller, and older, members of the family can enjoy together.
- Even waiting in line will be a blast! Grandchildren can share fun game with grandparents as they wash and sort newly discovered jewels before embarking on their exciting mine train adventure.
- As you know, I love to walk around the park and try and name all the animals I see. So naturally, Kilimanjaro Safaris is one of my favorite rides. Specially at sunset, so nice!
- Put on your zebra Minnie ears and safari hats and get ready to drive through the African savanna on Kilimanjaro Safaris.
The options to celebrate grandparents are endless! What attraction will your family ride first?
I just got back from my first visit to WDW a couple of days ago and yes! I completely agree with this list. The Festival of the Lion King CANNOT be missed! We watched it twice! It’s an amazing show that left us in awe. Kilimanjaro Safari is better at night in my opinion, but we did it both during the day and night!