Earlier, my colleague John Phelan from Disney Creative Entertainment gave some updates on this year’s entertainment. We also have added artist Q&A sessions to the Fan Fest in Jostens’ Center at The Complex. Guests of Saturday night can catch up with some of the groups performing on Friday night including:
- MercyMe – 7:05 p.m.
- newsboys – 9:15 p.m.
- Francesca Battistelli / Matthew West – 10 p.m.
We also have larger-than-life, interactive chess boards brought to the event by the enchanting new film from Disney, in association with ESPN Films, “Queen of Katwe.” Fans can learn more about the film based on a remarkable true story while playing life-size chess and see the film in theaters starting September 23.
For those not as familiar with the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, our own Mark Daniels from Inside Disney Parks has a little tour of what to expect from this year’s Night of Joy.
Night of Joy at Walt Disney World Resort is enhancing its offerings, with the concerts being held for the first time ever at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. This year’s artists represent one of the best lineups in all of Contemporary Christian Music with 18 top performers and groups.
- Friday, September 9 – MercyMe, Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, Francesca Battistelli, Crowder, Matthew West, Stars Go Dim, Zealand Worship, OBB
- Saturday, September 10 – Newsboys, for KING & COUNTRY, Young & Free, Switchfoot, RED, Thousand Foot Krutch, Timmons, VERIDIA, Derek Minor
This year, Night of Joy guests will have more options than ever with two nights of Contemporary Christian music, ample seating at indoor and outdoor venues, amazing performances on multiple stages, including Champion Stadium, and opportunities for fellowship and fun. We also have ticket options that allow you to maximize your park time doing rides and then maximize your concerts and time together at night – plus you pick your park!
Here are the details:
- A single-night, concert only ticket for Friday, September 9 – $39 plus tax (in advance); $45 the day of the show (if available).
- A single-night concert and one-day Disney theme park ticket (valid for one of the four Walt Disney World Resort theme parks) for Saturday, September 10 – $99 plus tax (in advance); $114 plus tax the day of the show (if available).*
- A two-night concert ticket (which includes both nights’ concerts and one-day Disney theme park ticket (valid for one of the four Walt Disney World Resort theme parks) – $119 plus tax (in advance).*
Walt Disney World Resort guests attending Night of Joy may enjoy transportation to ESPN Complex from all four theme parks (Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom), Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, and Disney’s Pop Century Resort from 4:30 p.m. until 9 p.m. Throughout the event and upon its conclusion, we will continue to offer transportation from ESPN Complex to all Walt Disney World Resort Hotels. Guests attending Disney Night of Joy but staying off property are encouraged to use their personal transportation to travel to and from ESPN Complex.
Additional group discounts and premium seating options also are available.
* The one-day Disney theme park ticket is only valid for Saturday, Sept 10.