This week, we shared the news that Mickey Mouse is celebrating his upcoming birthday with a trip around the world where he’ll make surprise appearances in iconic, real-world locations.
During the celebration, you’ll be able to follow Mickey’s adventures right here on the Disney Parks Blog as well as on other social channels, including: Disney’s Mickey Mouse Facebook page, Mickey Mouse Instagram account, or by using the hashtag #HappyBirthdayMickey.
On Mickey’s birthday (Nov. 18) select locations at the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts, as well as Disney Stores around the United States, will distribute commemorative “Happy Birthday, Mickey!” buttons. Check out Jennifer’s original story for more details.
And Disney Parks Blog readers were also among the first to learn about a new Disney Cruise Line celebration of the adventures of legendary Super Heroes and Super Villains from the Marvel Universe called Marvel Day at Sea. Seven special voyages on the Disney Magic will depart from New York City in the fall of 2017.
You can find highlights and dates for Marvel Day at Sea in our original story.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Every Dollar Counts for Annual CHOC Walk in the Park at Disneyland Resort, Benefitting Children’s Hospital of Orange County – It’s time again for the largest and most unique pediatric 5K walk in the nation – CHOC “Walk in the Park,” presented by Disneyland Resort. On October 30, participants will walk approximately three miles through Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park, raising funds one step at a time for CHOC Children’s programs and services in greatest need — from mental health services to an expanded neonatal intensive care unit.
- First Look at Stargazer Lounge at Planet Hollywood Observatory at Disney Springs – The theme of the re-imagined Planet Hollywood Observatory will still feature stars from the big screen but much of the new focus will be on stars in the sky, as the restaurant completes its transformation into a turn-of-the-20th-century observatory.
- #WonderFALLDisney Halloween Costume Ideas from Disney Parks – With Halloween only a few weeks away, I’ve gathered a few #WonderFALLDisney ideas for costumes using products you can find at Disney Parks.
- VIDEO: Disneyland Resort Tea Master Pilar Hamil Gives Afternoon Tea Tips Perfect For a Mad Tea Party – In celebration of the “Alice Through the Looking Glass” home entertainment release today, we’re sharing an exclusive look at one of the film’s special features with Disney Parks Blog readers! From how to steep the perfect cup of tea to etiquette, Pilar Hamil, Disneyland Resort Tea Master and the creator of Classic Afternoon Tea at the Disneyland Hotel, shares her favorite tips so you can enjoy the perfect afternoon tea in the video below.
- Parks & Resorts Receive Top Honors in 2016 Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards – We’re excited to share that Disney Parks & Resorts have once again been named among the top destinations around the world to stay and play in the 29th annual Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards. These awards celebrate the best of the best in travel according to travelers just like you.
- Show Your Family The World on an Adventures by Disney River Cruise – For me, learning means going beyond the classroom and getting hands-on experience. When traveling I truly learn through doing, experiencing the culture, traditions and customs of a region firsthand. Adventures by Disney makes showing your family the world effortless, making it the perfect option for those looking to learn through travel.