Update: This event has filled to capacity. Please keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for future event opportunities.
As many of you know, we’ve been showing a preview of scenes from “Doctor Strange” at some Disney Parks. Well, this Sunday, October 30, 2016, we’re offering the opportunity to be part of a special advance screening of the entire film at Disney Springs in Florida before the film opens in U.S. theaters on November 4.
The Disney Parks Blog hosted meet-up begins at 11 a.m. ET (doors open at 10 a.m) at AMC Disney Springs 24 at Walt Disney World Resort on Sunday, October 30, 2016. At the event, you’ll see the complete “Doctor Strange” film.
“Doctor Strange” is the story of world-famous neurosurgeon Dr. Stephen Strange, whose life changes forever after a horrific car accident robs him of the use of his hands. When traditional medicine fails him, he is forced to look for healing, and hope, in an unlikely place – a mysterious enclave known as Kamar-Taj. He quickly learns that this is not just the center for healing, but also the front line of a battle against unseen dark forces bent on destroying our reality. Before long Strange, armed with newly acquired magical powers, is forced to choose whether to return to his life of fortune and status or leave it all behind to defend the world as the most powerful sorcerer in existence.
RSVP for the meet-up now by clicking here. Only one guest is permitted. A limited number of attendees may attend the meet-up, so be one of the first to sign up.
Also, here are a few things you should know:
- All attendees who sign up for the meet-up must be 18 years or older, but guests do not need to be 18 or older.
- “Doctor Strange” is rated PG-13 and presented in RealD 3D.
- Limit one guest per registrant.
- We will send an email to individuals whose valid RSVPs are received by us before we reach the planned capacity to confirm their attendance for the meet-up.
- If confirmed, it will be necessary for the registrant and guest to check in across from AMC Disney Springs 24 West Side for access to the event. The confirmation will include those details.
- Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
- Meet-up confirmations are non-transferrable and have no cash value.
- Confirmation will be for the accepted registered person and guest.
- If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation, then your RSVP was not accepted.
- The meet-up is subject to change or cancellation without notice.
This post will be updated after capacity has been reached.
And here is other important information to know:
- This is a pre-release screening of the movie. Captioning, descriptive video and assistive listening devices will not be available.
- Please arrive early. Seating is first come first seated. No one will be admitted late. The screening may be overbooked and seating is not guaranteed. Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures (WDSMP), its affiliates and the theatre are not responsible for overbooking. We may refuse, revoke or limit admission in our sole discretion at any time.
- NO RECORDING. The screening will be monitored for unauthorized recording. By attending, you agree not to use any video or audio recording devices (including, without limitation, cameras) into the venue. If you attempt to use a recording device during this screening, you consent to your immediate removal from the venue and forfeiture of your recording device and its contents. Any attempted unauthorized recording will be reported to law enforcement and may subject you to criminal and civil liability. We reserve the right to pursue any and all available remedies at law and in equity for any unauthorized recording and/or copyright infringement, including without limitation statutory damages of up to $150,000 per violation, and nothing contained in this notice shall be construed to limit our available remedies and/or legal recourse. Further, by attending you grant permission to WDSMP and Disney Destinations, LLC, their licensees, licensors, affiliates and agents, to record and utilize your name, voice and likeness to publicize the screening and promote the movie.
- REMEMBER: NO USE OF RECORDING DEVICES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION MOBILE DEVICES, CAMERAS, LAPTOPS, IPADS, ETC.) PERMITTED!
- You assume all risks of personal injury arising from or incidental to attending the screening, whether occurring prior to, during, or after the event.