Super hero sightings, a New Orleans-style street party celebration and “Frozen” fractals all around are just a few of the things that will wow your family aboard the transformed Disney Wonder. This week we are debuting an incredible lineup of enhancements, with something exciting for every member of the family. Now that I’ve had the chance to check out the fantastic spaces and activities, I have five suggestions for you on how to have the perfect day aboard the Disney Wonder …
1. Become a trainee at the Marvel Super Hero Academy. Spider-Man, Captain America, Black Widow and other Super Heroes from the Marvel Universe host training activities all cruise long for your kids. Tag along during Open House to see firsthand how they’re helping develop young cruisers to be brave and adventurous.
2. Join the party at a restaurant celebrating the charm of the Louisiana bayou. Tiana’s dream of opening a restaurant came true, and now you get to enjoy its southern-style cuisine and spirited atmosphere. Dinner is more than just a meal there, with a lively jazz band on stage, a high-energy parade around the room and performances by Tiana herself.
3. Immerse yourself in the world of Arendelle. During our newest stage show in the Walt Disney Theatre, “Frozen, A Musical Spectacular,” you’ll feel as if you’re in the middle of a snowy world, rooting to bring back summer alongside a happy snowman, a lovable “reindeer” and more of your favorite “Frozen” friends.
4. Drop off your kids at Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post. After the show, your kids can get more of their “Frozen” fix at Frozen Adventures in our youth club. But a word of warning, with imaginative play and hands-on activities, plus one-on-one interactions with Anna, Elsa and Olaf, you may have trouble getting them to leave this new space at the end of the night.
5. Sip a pint at a proper English pub. While the kids are having a blast with our youth counselors and characters, take time to relax in our authentic British tavern. After a whirlwind of a day journeying from the Marvel Universe to the Louisiana bayou to the Kingdom of Arendelle, you deserve a chance to enjoy the adult-exclusive fun at the new Crown and Fin Pub.
Once you’ve had a chance to sail on this re-imagined ship, let me know your favorite new experiences and tips for how to make the most of a Disney Wonder cruise.