On this day in Disney history, “The Little Mermaid” was released in theaters. The film tells the story of Ariel, a mermaid who makes a deal with the evil sea witch Ursula so she can become human with the hopes of falling in love with Prince Eric.
Here at Walt Disney World Resort, guests can become part of her world by visiting Prince Eric’s castle at Magic Kingdom Park. The castle and its grounds house the Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid attraction and Ariel’s official greeting location.
Click here to see the entire gallery of images.
Thanks to Mariah Wild for the photographs. To check out more in our portrait series, see the list below.
- PHOTO GALLERY: Special Images of Tiana from ‘The Princess & The Frog’
- PHOTO GALLERY: Jasmine, Princess of Agrabah
- PHOTO GALLERY: Rapunzel from ‘Tangled’
- PHOTO GALLERY: Belle from ‘Beauty and the Beast’
- PHOTO GALLERY: Special Images of ‘Alice In Wonderland’ at Walt Disney World Resort
- PHOTO GALLERY: A ‘Brave’ Princess Merida
- PHOTO GALLERY: Pocahontas Marks 20 Years
- PHOTO GALLERY: Special Images of Mulan as ‘Ping’ at Walt Disney World Resort