Update: This event has filled to capacity. Please keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for future event opportunities.
The Disney Parks Blog is hosting another special “under the stars” meet-up later this week to celebrate the new Disney film “Moana” before it opens in U.S. theaters. This early screening of the “Moana” film will be held outside at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort at Walt Disney World Resort on Sunday night, November 20, 2016.
Our meet-up begins at 8:15 p.m. ET at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort at Walt Disney World Resort on Sunday, November 20, 2016. At the event, you’ll be able to view Disney’s “Moana” film.
“Moana” is the story of an adventurous teenager who sails out on a daring mission to save her people. During her journey, Moana (voice of Auli‘i Cravalho) meets the mighty demigod Maui (voice of Dwayne Johnson), who guides her in her quest to become a master wayfinder. Together, they sail across the open ocean on an action-packed voyage, encountering enormous monsters and impossible odds, and along the way, Moana fulfills the ancient quest of her ancestors and discovers the one thing she’s always sought – her own identity.
The film is directed by Ron Clements and John Musker (“The Little Mermaid,” “Aladdin,” “The Princess and the Frog”), produced by Osnat Shurer (“Lifted,” “One Man Band”), and features music by Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mark Mancina and Opetaia Foa‘i.
RSVP for the meet-up now by clicking here. Only one guest is permitted. A limited number of attendees may attend the meet-up, so be one of the first to sign up.
Also, here are a few things you should know:
- All attendees who sign up for the meet-up must be 18 years or older, but guests do not need to be 18 or older.
- Disney’s “Moana” is rated PG.
- Limit one guest per registrant.
- We will send an email to individuals whose valid RSVPs are received by us via email before we reach the planned capacity to confirm their attendance for the meet-up.
- If confirmed, it will be necessary for the registrant and guest to check in at the front of Disney’s Polynesian Resort at the Walt Disney World Resort for access to the event. The confirmation will include those details.
- Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
- Meet-up confirmations are non-transferrable and have no cash value.
- Confirmation will be for the accepted registered person and guest.
- If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation, then your RSVP was not accepted.
- The meet-up is subject to change or cancellation without notice.
This post will be updated after capacity has been reached.
And here is other important information to know:
- Please arrive early. Seating is first come, first seated. No one will be admitted late. The screening may be overbooked and seating is not guaranteed. Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures (WDSMP), theatre and promoter are not responsible for overbooking. We may refuse, revoke or limit admission in our sole discretion at any time. This ticket may be used for admission only by the person to whom we issued it; it is not transferable. It has no cash value.
- NO RECORDING. The screening will be monitored for unauthorized recording. By attending, you agree not to bring any video or audio recording devices (including, without limitation, cameras) into the venue and you consent to a physical search of your belongings and person for recording devices. If you attempt to enter with a recording device, you will be denied admission. If you attempt to use a recording device during this screening, you consent to your immediate removal from the venue and forfeiture of your recording device and its contents. Any attempted unauthorized recording will be reported to law enforcement and may subject you to criminal and civil liability. We reserve the right to pursue any and all available remedies at law and in equity for any unauthorized recording and/or copyright infringement, including without limitation statutory damages of up to $150,000 per violation, and nothing contained in this notice shall be construed to limit our available remedies and/or legal recourse. You assume all risks of personal injury arising from or incidental to attending the screening, whether occurring prior to, during, or after the event. Further, by attending you grant permission to Disney, its licensees, licensors, affiliates and agents, to record and utilize your name, voice and likeness to publicize the screening and promote the movie. REMEMBER: NO RECORDING DEVICES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION MOBILE DEVICES, CAMERAS, LAPTOPS, IPADS, ETC.) PERMITTED!