This week, several experiences inspired by Rogue One: A Star Wars Story began at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, including the debut of the film’s AWR Troopers in a new scene in the “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away” daytime show.
Star Wars Launch Bay at Disney’s Hollywood Studios was also updated with new props from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” including a Shoretrooper Blaster, Director Krennic’s Imperial Shuttle, a Death Star model, and more.
And “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular,” returned to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. It’s joining our holiday “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” as a second nightly fireworks spectacular at the park. For more details on all of the new additions, please check our original story.
And along with this week’s holiday content, we kicked off a new daily series to help spread some cheer – our first-ever Christmas countdown. Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog this week for more beautiful holiday art leading to Christmas day.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Lunar New Year Celebration Expands to 17 Days, Jan. 20 through Feb. 5, at Disney California Adventure Park – The biggest Lunar New Year Celebration yet at Disney California Adventure park is coming soon! Expanding to 17 days this year – Friday, Jan. 20, through Sunday, Feb. 5 – the festivities will feature delicious food, colorful live performances, fun-filled activities, beautiful decor, special limited-time merchandise, Disney characters in their Lunar New Year best and more.
- Disney Floral & Gifts December Design of the Month – Disney Floral & Gifts is happy to introduce signature bouquets from our Disney Designers! Our Disney Design of the Month program features a different Disney Designer each month, creating spectacular pieces using the season’s choicest flowers and freshest color palettes.
- Five Photos That Will Make You Want To Visit A Walt Disney World Resort Hotel During The Holidays – Some of the most impressive holiday sights and photo ops can be found at our many Walt Disney World Resort hotels. Each resort is decorated in its own themed decor, from Christmas trees and garland, to wreaths and gingerbread creations.
- First Impressions of ‘Frozen, A Musical Spectacular’ on the Disney Wonder – We captured some of those reactions when we debuted “Frozen, A Musical Spectacular” aboard the Disney Wonder, and it came as no surprise that there were smiles all around. Check out this video to hear what guests loved most about this awesome production.
- Main Street Electrical Parade Makes a Splash at 108th Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade – Disneyland Resort made its debut in the 108th Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade with our Main Street Electrical Parade-inspired boat. Appearing nightly during the Southern California holiday tradition through Dec. 18 in Newport Harbor, Calif., this specially decorated boat brings the magic of the parade to the water!
- Retail MagicBand 2 and MagicKeepers Coming to Walt Disney World Resort – My fellow author Tom Smith recently announced MagicBand 2 is coming to Walt Disney World Resort. Today, I have a first look at new retail MagicBand 2 items and accessories arriving soon to select Disney merchandise locations in Florida.