“Rivers of Light,” the new show just debuted at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, bringing more nighttime fun to the park than ever before.
We’ve previously shared behind-the-scenes looks at the making of the costumes and storyline for “Rivers of Light,” which takes guests on a journey that explores the deep relationship between the human and animal world. Today, we’re exploring how “Rivers of Light” tells a critical piece of that story through its original score.
According to the Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Entertainment team, composing a score for the show involved creating a “soundscape” that would accentuate the animals’ journey along the Rivers of Light. In order to represent all the animals on earth, the score, which was recorded at Abbey Road Studios in England, features a global selection of instruments, including a duduk, bansuri flute, erhu, Chinese Opera Drums and Taiko Drums.
Take a peek inside the recording session yourself in the video below.
Will you see “Rivers of Light” on your next visit to Disney’s Animal Kingdom? Tell us in the comments section below.
For more about “Rivers of Light,” visit the posts below:
- Behind the Scenes: Ancient Techniques & Digital Technology Bring ‘Rivers of Light’ Costumes To Life
- All in the Details: Learn About The ‘Rivers of Light’ Animal Spirit Guides
- All in the Details: Storytelling at Rivers of Light’s Discovery River Amphitheater
- Hear What Guests Are Loving About ‘Rivers of Light’
- Disney Parks Blog Unboxed – ‘Rivers of Light’ Merchandise
- Reservations Open Today for Rivers of Light Dining Package Debuting February 17 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
To me, it’s about the music. If the score for this show can do what the score for Illuminations: Reflections of Earth does for that show, then I’m completely sold. I hope you embrace the score by making it available digitally or by CD for guests to take home with them.
Please release the soundtrack to purchase. I’d love to see a CD of Rivers of Light and Tree of Life Awakenings music!
Will the soundtrack be released to purchase?