Before this weekend’s official debut of “Rivers of Light” at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, we packed the week with several behind-the-scenes peeks at the new nighttime show – and even shared a special “glowing” wallpaper to celebrate the occasion.
Our exclusive blog series, “All in the Details” looked at the show’s theming and details, amazing costumes and four Animal Spirit Guides. We also took you inside a “Rivers of Light” music recording session to show how the original score takes guests on a journey that explores the relationship between the human and animal world.
Check out Jennifer’s earlier story for more information on “Rivers of Light” and the recording session.
This week, we also shared an exciting update that Disney California Adventure will be the place to experience the Summer of Heroes – and the action begins with the May 27 grand opening of the thrilling, rocking attraction, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
There will be many ways to step into Super Hero stories with Summer of Heroes, May 27 through September 10 at Disney California Adventure – so, go now and check out Erin’s original story for all of the details.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- New Solid-Color MagicBand 2 & MagicKeepers Allow Guests to Enjoy the Magic at Walt Disney World Resort – We’re excited to share that solid-color MagicBand 2 are now available in the current eight colors – pink, blue, red, green, orange, gray, yellow, and purple – wherever MagicBands are sold throughout Walt Disney World Resort.
- New Products Ready to Bloom at 2017 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival – The start of the 2017 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is only a few weeks away. We have a sneak preview of new products created this annual springtime celebration that returns to Walt Disney World Resort from March 1 to May 29.
- Beloved ‘Beauty and the Beast’ Story Coming to Life with Limited-Time Experiences in Fantasyland at Disneyland Park – You are invited to be our guest and step into the beloved “Beauty and the Beast” story in new ways! For a limited time, Fantasyland at Disneyland park will bring this tale to life with special experiences that celebrate the classic Disney animated feature.
- Disney and PANDORA Jewelry Team Up to Design Tinker Bell Half Marathon Medal – Faith, trust and pixie dust! It’s time to reveal the runDisney Tinker Bell Half Marathon medal! Disney teamed up with PANDORA Jewelry, the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend presenting sponsor, to design this stunning half marathon medal for 2017.
- More Guest Experiences and Dining Options Coming to Disney’s Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach Resorts – We are thrilled to share with you that changes are on the horizon at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort over the next two years and let me tell you, there is a lot to be excited about!
- Disneyland Resort Continues Walt Disney’s Legacy of Giving – For more than 60 years, the Disneyland Resort has strengthened our community by giving children hope, inspiring others to make a difference and enriching the city we call home. Check out this video where Disney Ambassadors Alexa Garcia and Mikey Trujillo highlight the top ways the Disneyland Resort gives back to the community.