This week, we shared an exciting update on the progress of the Star Wars-themed lands being created at Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts. Disney Parks Blog readers were among the first to see an exclusive video showing how things are shaping up.
As we’ve shared, the Star Wars-themed lands will transport guests to a never-before-seen planet, a remote trading port and one of the last stops before wild space where Star Wars characters and their stories come to life and where guests will find themselves in the middle of the action.
Our Star Wars-themed lands are scheduled to open in 2019. You can read about the latest updates in George’s original story. Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for more updates as work progresses on each of these galactic lands.
We also celebrated the release of the live-action film, “Beauty and the Beast” with a look at the many ways you can experience the “tale as old as time” at Walt Disney World Resort. Our list included checking out the Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage! show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Check out the original story to see all of the experiences at the Walt Disney World Resort.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Tivan Group Flag Signals Arrival of Collector’s Fortress at Disney California Adventure Park – Mysterious forces are converging upon Disney California Adventure park as The Collector’s arrival is imminent. Throughout the coming months, changes are underway as Taneleer Tivan, The Collector, prepares to welcome guests to view the newest acquisitions in his extensive collection: the Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Spring Into The Season at Tokyo Disney Resort With Expanded ‘Disney’s Easter’ – In just a few short weeks, the fan-favorite Disney’s Easter program will return to Tokyo Disney Resort, and this year it’s even more egg-stravagant with celebrations at both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea!
- Celebrate Moms During May’s ‘Mahalo Mama Month’ at Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa – While Mother’s Day is officially on May 14, one day simply isn’t enough to celebrate our moms. For guests staying at Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa in Hawai‘i during the month of May, we will have special offerings and fun activities to say “mahalo” – or thank you – to moms!
- The Ultimate Fairy Tale- ‘Beauty & the Beast’ Inspired Wedding at Walt Disney World – This week, we are celebrating a love story that is truly a tale as old as time. This Disney’s Fairy Tale Wedding couple chose an elegant, “Beauty and the Beast”-inspired event for their big day.
- Celebrate Easter With Springtime Sweets and Eats at Disneyland Resort – Hippity hoppity, Easter’s on its way to Disneyland Resort! Egg-cellent sweets will be available beginning March 17 at Candy Palace on Main Street, U.S.A., and Hunny Spot in Critter Country in Disneyland park; Trolley Treats in Disney California Adventure park; and Marceline’s Confectionery in the Downtown Disney District.
- All-New ‘Disney Junior Dance Party’ Live Show Debuts This Summer at Disney California Adventure Park – This summer, there’s an all-new Disney Junior show coming to Disneyland Resort that you won’t want to miss. You and your little ones will love “Disney Junior Dance Party,” a high-energy, live show experience that takes its inspiration from the most popular Disney Junior shows on TV.