This week, we continued our countdown until the May 12 debut of the new nighttime fireworks spectacular “Happily Ever After” at Magic Kingdom Park with an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the experience.
“Happily Ever After” will feature the latest in fireworks, pyrotechnics and projection technology, plus fresh animation, a new score and theme song – all of which the creative team used as tools that together tell a story only Disney can tell. Check out Jenn’s original story for more details. Keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more information on “Happily Ever After.”
And we also continued our exclusive “All in the Details” series this week with another look at one of the most story-driven attractions ever created for one of our water parks – Miss Adventure Falls at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park. The details you’ll see on each journey to and through the family raft attraction will give you a peek into the adventures of Captain Mary Oceaneer, a world famous treasure-hunter and member of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers (S.E.A). Visit our original story for more details and images.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Check Out the Radio Disney Arch During Your Next Visit to Disney Springs – Celebrities from Gwen Stefani to Nick Jonas have walked under the Radio Disney arch … now, it’s your turn to get a photo with this iconic structure, currently on display at Disney Springs through April 30th.
- Meet StellaLou, Duffy’s Newest Friend at Tokyo DisneySea – As we head into the spring season, there are so many things to look forward to at Tokyo Disney Resort. We recently shared our plans for an expanded ‘Disney’s Easter’ program, and this week we’re excited to announce the arrival of Duffy’s newest friend: StellaLou!
- From Screen to Park: Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! at Disney California Adventure Park – Hop into a Monstropolis City Cab for an adventure through Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! in Hollywood Land at Disney California Adventure park. This attraction is inspired by the 2001 Disney•Pixar film “Monsters, Inc.,” which introduced the world to James P. “Sulley” Sullivan, Mike Wazowski and the adorable Boo.
- Countdown to Pandora – The World of Avatar Continues with First Look at Na’vi Translator Device – The excitement for the opening of Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom continues on April 6 with the release of the second pin in our Countdown to Pandora collection. We recently spoke with merchandise product developer Cody Hampton about how guests can prepare for their visit this summer when the Na’vi Translator is released.
- Disney Parks Best Bites: March 2017 – New sandwiches on the World Showcase of Flavors food truck in Disney Springs. Including a Chicken Cemita Sandwich, Chilean Steak Sandwich, Meatball Pomodoro Sandwich and Pork Belly Ham and Cheese Sandwich. Food trucks can be found in Exposition Park at Disney Springs, hours may vary.