This week, we continued our series of exclusive sneak peeks for the upcoming nighttime fireworks spectacular, “Happily Ever After” with a special look at the projection mapping technology that’ll drive each show at Magic Kingdom Park.
To create the most technologically advanced projections for Cinderella Castle, Disney Parks Live Entertainment partnered with experts in the field to bring the show to life. Check out Jennifer’s original story for more details.
And to celebrate Easter, we released several Disney Parks Blog downloadable wallpapers for readers to enjoy. The first wallpaper (left) was created by artist Jason Ratner as features spring colors and sweet treats as well as some famous Disney faces in the design. And the second wallpaper (right) was created by Brittany Ungvarsky and features an “eggtastic” hunt.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week:
- Disney Parks in Full Bloom for Spring – Spring is a favorite season at Disney Parks – and this year, we’ve got even more in store for you. With a new festival at Shanghai Disney Resort, a dazzling celebration at Disneyland Paris and a long list of limited-time experiences at every resort around the world, a springtime visit is an absolute must. Today, we’re sharing a look at how you can soak up the sun and celebrate with us.
- Easter Treats and Eats at Walt Disney World Resort – Spring is in the air in Central Florida, and special Easter eats are hopping into restaurants across Walt Disney World Resort. From sweet treats to stunning displays, there’s a perfect way for everyone to celebrate Easter with some “bunny” special.
- Life-long Star Wars Fan Develops Unique Merchandise Products Coming to Disney Parks This Month – We recently announced how guests can support the U.S. Fund for UNICEF on behalf of Star Wars: Force for Change starting this April at Disney Parks. Here are additional details about other new Star Wars products launching this month at both Star Wars Celebration 2017 and at select locations in Disney Parks.
- Amy Grant, Steven Curtis Chapman, MercyMe, Kirk Franklin to Play 35th Disney Night of Joy at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex Sept. 8, 9 – The hits just keep on coming – as they say – with this year’s Disney Night of Joy event featuring 15 of the greatest performers in Contemporary Christian music – Friday, Sept. 8 and Saturday, Sept. 9. With Country Christian Music legends like MercyMe, Amy Grant, Steven Curtis Chapman and Kirk Franklin joining a new generation of Christian hit makers like Danny Gokey, Jordan Feliz and Rend Collective, the complex will be filled with two nights of awe-inspiring music.
- RECIPE: Teriyaki Chicken Sliders with Dole Pineapple Jam from the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival – We’re heading into the final week of the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival, and gathering some of our favorite dishes from this year’s event for a new Disney cookbook that includes recipes like the Teriyaki Chicken Sliders with Dole Pineapple Jam, new at this year’s LA Style Festival Marketplace.