UPDATE: This event has reached capacity and confirmation emails are being sent. Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for future events!
Before you blast into the “Guardians of the Galaxy” story when Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! opens at Disney California Adventure park May 27, you can reunite with these unlikely heroes in “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” in theaters May 5!
To celebrate the new movie, Downtown Disney District will host an Awesome Mix Vol. 2 Soundtrack Release Party on April 27 at the event stage. From 6-10 p.m., guests can join live dueling DJs as they mix fan-favorite tracks from the “Guardians of the Galaxy” films. There will be special appearances, trivia, games and giveaways. Fans can also learn and post their own video of the official #GrootDance. Come dressed in your favorite Super Hero costume or gear* and prepare to traverse the outer reaches of the cosmos with fellow fans!
Set to the all-new sonic backdrop of Awesome Mixtape #2, “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” continues the team’s adventures. The Guardians must fight to keep their newfound family together as they unravel the mystery of Peter Quill’s true parentage. Old foes become new allies and fan-favorite characters from the classic comics will come to our heroes’ aid.
Can’t make it to the special advanced screening? Then be sure to catch “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” in theaters in 3D on May 5, 2017.
Join us the evening of Thursday, April 27! Space for the advanced screening is limited and you must sign up here. Please remember the following:
- All participants who sign up for the event must be 18 years or older, but guests of the participants may be younger than 18.
- Limit one guest per registrant.
- Event confirmations are non-transferrable and have no cash value.
- Confirmation will be for the accepted registered person plus one guest.
- Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
- Space is limited to 200 registrants. Registrations will be accepted based on eligibility and capacity.
- Participants will be responsible for any parking fees.
- The movie is rated PG-13.
- Please arrive early. Seating is first come, first seated. No one will be admitted late. The screening may be overbooked and seating is not guaranteed. Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures (WDSMP), the Disneyland Resort, their affiliates and the theatre are not responsible for overbooking. We may refuse, revoke or limit admission in our sole discretion at any time.
- NO RECORDING. The screening will be monitored for unauthorized recording. By attending, you agree not to bring any video or audio recording devices (including, without limitation, cameras and phones) into the venue and you consent to a physical search of your belongings and person for recording devices. If you attempt to enter with a recording device, you will be denied admission. If you attempt to use a recording device during this screening, you consent to your immediate removal from the venue and forfeiture of your recording device and its contents. Any attempted unauthorized recording will be reported to law enforcement and may subject you to criminal and civil liability. We reserve the right to pursue any and all available remedies at law and in equity for any unauthorized recording and/or copyright infringement, including without limitation statutory damages of up to $150,000 per violation, and nothing contained in this notice shall be construed to limit our available remedies and/or legal recourse. You assume all risks of personal injury arising from or incidental to attending the screening, whether occurring prior to, during, or after the event. Further, by attending you grant permission to WDSMP, its licensees, licensors, affiliates and agents, to record and utilize your name, voice and likeness to publicize the screening and promote the movie.
While we encourage creativity, we also value safety and good judgment. Please take a moment to read over our latest rules and regulations:
- All Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other guests.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another guest.
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g. full-length princess dresses).
For Guests Ages 13 and Under
- Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long as the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
For Guests Ages 14 and Older
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords and tutus.
- Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- Masks of any kind may not be worn.
- Costumes may not be worn if entering any Disneyland Resort Theme Park.
Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from, the event, unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.
Please note: all rules and regulations are subject to change without notice.
I will give an update at the top of this post when capacity has been reached. Please note the event is subject to restrictions, change and cancellation without notice.