The new fireworks spectacular “Happily Ever After” is now less than a month away from debuting at Magic Kingdom Park and today we have a new behind-the-scenes look to share with you – a peek inside the recording session for the show’s score.
“Music is truly at the heart of everything,” said Michael Jung, Executive Creative Director, Walt Disney Imagineering. “It’s the script, it’s the emotion, it’s the thing that guides us through the show.”
In the case of “Happily Ever After,” the score will take guests on an emotional journey with beloved Disney characters as they chase their dreams. To help the audience feel the emotional journey of the story, specific pieces of the score were written to inspire feelings of excitement, adversity, friendship, triumph and much more. The show also features plenty of Disney music, which the team says was a fun challenge to take on, since tunes from the Disney music library are incredibly diverse, since they were created by different composers in various styles and genres.
For a look inside the recording session, check out the video above. And for a sneak peek at the show’s theme song, be sure to check out this previous blog post.
For more on “Happily Ever After,” visit the posts below:
- ‘Happily Ever After’ To Feature The Most Advanced Projection Mapping Tech Yet
- Behind the Scenes: Animators Give a Sneak Peek at ‘Happily Ever After’
- ‘Happily Ever After’ Nighttime Spectacular Will Debut at Magic Kingdom Park May 12
- First Listen: Sneak a Peek at Our ‘Happily Ever After’ Theme Song
- Take A Behind-the-Scenes Look At The Making Of ‘Happily Ever After’