Or “Hello Again.”
Not only are WE at the Blog saying “Joyeux Anniversaire” to all our colleagues at Disneyland Paris, we have some celebrity friends that also wanted to do the same thing.
What a lineup! The stars love Disneyland Paris!
Of course, you saw such luminaries as stupendous songstress Celine Dion; Supermodels Lily Aldridge, Bella and Gigi Hadid, Sara Sampaio and Lottie Moss; world-famous DJ “hitmaker” David Guetta and actor Gérard Depardieu (“Green Card”).
As you know from reading the Disney Parks Blog religiously – and I know you do – Disneyland Paris is celebrating its 25th Anniversary with fabulous new entertainment, updates to some favorite attractions, special merchandise and food and beverage. Here are some of the highlights for those who didn’t see our previous posts:
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue – Launched at the opening of Disneyland Park in 1992, Star Tours soon established itself as a cult ride. 25 years later, it’s back with a new experience, new destinations, a new pilot, new characters and new 3D technology. Introducing Star Tours: The Adventures Continue! Prepare for lift-off on an all-new, action-packed, 3D intergalactic voyage…it’s sure to be epic.
- Meet the Dark Side of the Force – Disneyland Paris guests will finally get the chance to meet the formidable Darth Vader every day. Head to the new dedicated area near the Star Tours: The Adventures Continue ride for a private meet and greet.
- Disney Stars on Parade – Another exciting journey awaits guests in the brand new Disney Parade. With dizzying new floats, new music, a plethora of Disney Stars and new costumes, Disney Stars on Parade will dazzle guests of all ages. Guests follow Mickey and Friends on a real journey of discovery to the land of imagination – with eight “chapters” of fun.
- Mickey presents “Happy Anniversary Disneyland Paris” – A brand new stage show specially-created for the 15th Anniversary. Disney Stars invite guests to gather in front of the stage at Sleeping Beauty Castle for a huge anniversary celebration, every day of the year.
- The Starlit Princess Waltz – Another brand new show. With a sprinkle of fairy dust, Tinker Bell opens the festivities in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. Aurora wants to invite the other Disney Princesses to the ball: Ariel, Belle, Snow White, Cinderella, Jasmine, Rapunzel and Tiana. Each princess makes her entrance in a magnificent ball gown, specially created for the 25th Anniversary. Their message: to remind the audience that every little girl, regardless of her age or background, is a Princess.
- Disney Illuminations – As night falls, it is time for the final spectacular new experience: Disney Illuminations. This all-new show, featuring state-of-the-art technology, incorporates sound, lights, projections, fountains and breathtaking pyrotechnic effects.
New: Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain
And – if that weren’t enough, on May 7th, Star Wars took over a legendary space-themed ride. Space Mountain became Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain for a totally unique experience. In a brand new environment inspired by the Star Wars universe, guests join the famous Rebel Alliance and become pilots on a sensational mission. They travel through the Star Wars galaxy at intense speed, to the epic soundtrack of the saga. The experience also has amazing visuals with breath-taking special effects.
It’s such an exciting year or “Année Passionnante” for the Disneyland Paris cast and of course for their guests.
And we take such pleasure in bringing you updates from the Celebration.
Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more from the 25th Anniversary Celebration!