This week, we continued our countdown to the opening of Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom with new stories and experiences especially for Disney Parks Blog readers. We hosted a special meet-up, shared menu items for Satu’li Canteen and featured a new interactive way to explore Pandora and support conservation efforts on Earth. Readers were also among to first to learn that Mobile Order will be available at the park’s Satu’li Canteen restaurant on May 27.
Mobile Order, which can be found in the My Disney Experience app, offers the added convenience of being able to place orders and purchase meals on-the-go. You select menu items, customize orders and pre-pay for meals during park visits – all within the app. Check out our original story for more details.
We also shared some exciting news out of Shanghai Disney Resort this week. As part of its celebration of China’s National Tourism Day, the resort announced that Shanghai Disneyland recently welcomed its 10 millionth guest. That makes Shanghai Disneyland the most popular theme park opening ever in China. Take a look at our original story.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Come Dancing This Summer at Disneyland Park – It’s almost summertime in the Happiest Place on Earth! Who’s up for a date night at Disneyland, taking in a lively performance by a great band? If that sounds like music to your ears, then I’ve got exciting news for you!
- Disney’s Night of Joy 2017: Ticket Price, On Sale Date Update – We have a new ticketing structure for this event being held at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and I wanted to share it with you. This year, we’ve really tried to create a ticketing structure that meets the needs of a variety of different types of guests including Walt Disney World Annual Passholders.
- Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Celebrates the Grand Opening of Disney Explorers Lodge – We’ve got some exciting news out of Hong Kong Disneyland as the resort celebrated the grand opening of Disney Explorers Lodge, a new 750-room hotel that has to be seen to be believed.
- First Look at New Spaces and Experiences Aboard the Disney Fantasy – The Disney Fantasy set sail on her first cruise after a sprinkling of pixie dust that brought new fun for kids, adults and families. Each new area is marked by meticulous detail and unmistakable Disney touches.
- Breakfast Menu for Satu’li Canteen at Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Excitement over the debut of Pandora — The World of Avatar means that guests will be arriving early each morning when the new land at Disney’s Animal Kingdom opens.
- Disneyland Railroad and Rivers of America Attractions Return to Disneyland Park this Summer with New Magic – When the iconic Disneyland Railroad and the Rivers of America attractions return to Disneyland park this summer, guests will discover new magic aboard these classic experiences. As we first shared last year, and seen in the artist’s rendering below (courtesy of Walt Disney Imagineering), the gorgeous new north bank of the Rivers of America will feature a beautiful new waterfront and an elevated trestle over which the iconic Disneyland Railroad will travel.