What’s better than a day at Castaway Cay on your Disney cruise? Two days at Castaway Cay! This summer, we’re offering nine special voyages that give you double the fun at our island paradise in the Bahamas.
These 4- and 5-night cruises aboard the Disney Dream depart from Port Canaveral, Fla., in June and July. In addition to two days at Castaway Cay, they also include a stop at Nassau, making for the perfect Bahamian getaway.
When you double dip at Castaway Cay this summer, here are just some of the ways to take advantage of more time at this little slice of heaven:
1) Hang out at both the family and adult-only beaches. Swimming, snorkeling and building sand castles makes for the perfect day at Castaway Cay Family Beach. But your kids also won’t want to miss the water play area and games at Scuttle’s Cove, where they’ll hang out with counselors and friends they met on the ship, giving you the chance for hammock time at the adult-only Serenity Bay. For an extra indulgence, schedule a couple’s massage in a cabana on the beach.
2) Explore the island. When you see the crystal clear waters and step foot on the warm sand, it’s easy to stay put on the beach all day long. But Castaway Cay has more to offer than just the perfect beach day. There are a number of paths to the island’s interior, including to an observation tower with an incredible view of the entire island and the ship, which can be explored either on foot or bicycle.
3) Get out on the water. There’s no shortage of ways you can enjoy the view of Castaway Cay from the tropical waters of the Bahamas, with water cycles, paddleboats, sea kayaks, sailboats and stand-up paddle boards for rent. You can also join a Port Adventure that takes you further out in the turquoise waters, such as a banana boat thrill ride, a glass bottom boat scenic voyage or a backcountry fishing excursion.
4) Find the Disney magic. Throughout the island, you’ll be treated to surprises from Disney characters, including special meet-and-greets and dance parties. Get your photo taken with the Fab Five, Jack Sparrow, Olaf and others, and then grab your snorkel to explore the 12-acre underwater trail dotted with sunken treasures, including a submarine from the classic Disney attraction 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and a statue of a certain familiar mouse.
5) Run the 5K and do yoga on the beach. On your first morning at Castaway Cay, explore the island and take in the lush tropical landscape with your family by running, jogging or walking the Castaway Cay 5K. Then on your second day, start your morning with a relaxing session of yoga at Serenity Bay. Both activities help you stay in shape and maximize your time by getting you out on the island early.
Those of you who have double dipped at Castaway Cay before, what are your suggestions for first-time double dippers?