The quintessential all-American treat, chocolate chip cookies get their very own holiday on May 15. So we asked the pastry chefs at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa to share their recipe. Below you’ll find Chef Erich’s chocolate chip cookie recipe – a delicious and easy sweet you can make at home for memories of a Walt Disney World Resort vacation.
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen medium, or 18 large cookies
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks butter), softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
12-ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 330°F.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and powdered sugar in a separate bowl and cream with electric mixer until fluffy.
- With mixer running, add eggs, one at a time, then add vanilla. Mix until combined, scraping sides of bowl.
- Slowly add flour mixture, scraping sides of bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon dough for medium cookies and 2 tablespoons for large onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until light golden, 10 to 12 minutes for medium cookies, 12 to 14 minutes for large.