The quintessential all-American treat, chocolate chip cookies get their very own holiday on May 15. So we asked the pastry chefs at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa to share their recipe. Below you’ll find Chef Erich’s chocolate chip cookie recipe – a delicious and easy sweet you can make at home for memories of a Walt Disney World Resort vacation.
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen medium, or 18 large cookies
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks butter), softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
12-ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 330°F.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and powdered sugar in a separate bowl and cream with electric mixer until fluffy.
- With mixer running, add eggs, one at a time, then add vanilla. Mix until combined, scraping sides of bowl.
- Slowly add flour mixture, scraping sides of bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon dough for medium cookies and 2 tablespoons for large onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until light golden, 10 to 12 minutes for medium cookies, 12 to 14 minutes for large.
Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! I just got the first batch out of the oven. They are scrumptious! I’ve been looking for a good chocolate chip cookie recipe and this one is beyond fabulous!
I used an old ice cream scoop for the dough and these turned out amazingly! They were thick (nothing like the photo) but they were amazing! Reminded me more of the ones you get in the bakery cases at Disney or in the individual packaged bags. I love those!
What I really miss are the large oatmeal raisin cookies I lived on when at Walt Disney World. They apparently stopped making them at our resort and I haven’t found them anywhere else. I like chocolate chip but those oatmeal raisin cookies were just superb.
Always like trying Disney recipes. Any chance we can get the Blueberry Cheesecake with Passion Fruit Curd from the Satu’li canteen?
I made this recipe vegan using flax eggs and Earth balance butter! Yummy!!! Thank you! 🙂
I believe it’s actually National Chocolate Chip day. Chocolate chip “cookie” day is August 4th. But thanks for the recipe!