Summer is here at Disney Parks – and along with a special story featuring great experiences at our parks, we also looked ahead and shared new dining concepts expected to open later this year at Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort.
Pam shared an update that this fall, Chicago-based Levy Restaurants is introducing a new Italian concept at Disney Springs, with James Beard award winner and “Top Chef Master” Chef Tony Mantuano leading development. Also opening in 2017 is Wine Bar George, with Master Sommelier George Miliotes and The Edison, a lavish “Industrial Gothic” restaurant, bar and nighttime entertainment spot.
Visit our original post for more details on these dining experiences and to see what’s coming in 2018.
Check out some of the excitement and exhilaration as guests anxiously awaited their turn to help break out the Guardians of the Galaxy.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Wildlife Wednesday: Guests Are Helping Make Enrichment for Animals – Have you ever made or purchased a toy for your pet – perhaps a chew toy that hides a dog treat or a set of perches for your cat to climb? We do the same with the animals at the Walt Disney World Resort! Enrichment is a significantly important part of our day-to-day animal care, and it helps ensure that all of the animals at Disney’s Animal Kingdom are happy and healthy.
- Disney Parks Blog Time Capsule: May 2013 – Four years ago this month, we were sharing some of the gems from our archives – showing some of our favorite Disney Parks classics through the years.
- Meet ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Super Heroes on Marvel Day at Sea with Disney Cruise Line – Anyone else been listening nonstop to Star-Lord’s Awesome Mixtape after seeing “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2?” I must say, it’s worthy of the name! Today we’re revealing that Star-Lord, Gamora and Groot will be joining the fun during this day-long celebration aboard the Disney Magic. Meeting this group of spacefaring misfits is just one of the many reasons I’m so excited about our Marvel Day at Sea cruises kicking off this fall.
- Seven Ways To Have Fun In Pandora – The World of Avatar (Aside From Attractions) – Pandora – The World of Avatar is now open to guests at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The land itself serves as an amazing attraction for guests to explore and interact with, and the area’s two experiences – the thrilling Avatar Flight of Passage and the family friendly Na’vi River Journey – are already wowing guests. But did you know there are actually many other ways you can have fun throughout Pandora – The World of Avatar?
- Forty Years of Space Mountain at Disneyland Park – This weekend marked forty years since Disneyland park guests first cleared for launch aboard Space Mountain. This Disney Parks classic first opened at Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort in 1975, and construction on Space Mountain at Disneyland park began soon after. To mark its fortieth anniversary, I’d like to share some of my favorite photos of Space Mountain – which also happens to be my favorite Disneyland park attraction!
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know Pirates of the Caribbean? – “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” opened in theaters this past weekend, and to celebrate we’re devoting this week’s quiz to the attraction that inspired the film franchise – Pirates of the Caribbean. How well do you know the attraction at Walt Disney World Resort? Test your knowledge here.