This week, along with some special Father’s Day stories, we shared an exciting update that one of the newest stars from Disney·Pixar’s “Cars 3” – Cruz Ramirez – is joining Lightning McQueen and Mater in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure park.
Cruz will also be taking a summer road trip down to the Sunshine State, stopping in on Pixar Place at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Check out our original story for more details and then race out to catch “Cars 3” in theaters in 3D this weekend.
And Disney Parks Blog readers were among the first to learn that reservations opened for the brand-new Frozen Ever After Dessert Party – the coolest dessert party with reserved seating to “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” at Epcot, delicious desserts and a special opportunity to enjoy the Frozen Ever After attraction.
The Frozen Ever After Dessert Party is another exciting offering from the Enchanting Extras Collection, which allows guests to enhance their vacation with one-of-a-kind Disney experiences. Reservations are now open for dates beginning July 17 and can be made by visiting DisneyWorld.com/dine or by calling 407-WDW-DINE. Check Rachel’s original story for more details about the party.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Shanghai Disney Resort Hosts Spectacular One Year Anniversary Celebration With Guests From Across China – What a celebration in Shanghai last night as Shanghai Disneyland capped an incredible first year, welcoming more than 11 million guests since its historic June 2016 opening! Shanghai Disney Resort marked its first anniversary, as floating lanterns representing good fortune for the past, present and future hovered above Shanghai Disneyland during a magical nighttime celebration at Enchanted Storybook Castle, commemorating the resort’s historic anniversary and tremendous popularity with the people of mainland China.
- Classics Come Back to Disneyland Park this Summer with the Return of ‘Fantasmic!,’ Rivers of America and Disneyland Railroad – This summer, iconic Disneyland park attractions make their return with the reopening of “Fantasmic!,” the Rivers of America attractions and the Disneyland Railroad. We know these classic attractions – many of which have delighted guests since the park’s opening day – are very special to Disneyland park fans, and we are excited to celebrate their return.
- Disneyland Paris Update: Johnny Depp Visits His New Audio-Animatronics Counterpart in Re-Imagined Attraction – Guess who made Un Visite Surprise (A Surprise Visit) to Disneyland Paris this past week? None other than Captain Jack Sparrow himself – Johnny Depp – to get a first look at the new Audio Animatronics figures being installed in the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction at Disneyland Paris. Depp explored the new scenes and even struck a pose next to the pirate he knows so well, who is hiding in a barrel, still searching for new treasures.
- #DisneyKids: What Kids Are Loving About Pandora – The World of Avatar – To say Disney’s new Pandora – The World of Avatar is popular, is the understatement of the summer. Guests have been lining up to experience the exotic world – and eager to introduce their kids to the world of James Cameron’s iconic film AVATAR. But the beauty of this world is that you don’t need to be an Avatar fan or a grownup to enjoy its beauty, splendor and playfulness. With its colorful landscape, awe-inspiring floating mountains and fun eats, it’s fit for explorers of all ages.
- Disney Legend Paige O’Hara Shares Her ‘Beauty & The Beast’ Memories at Walt Disney World Resort – More than 25 years ago, actress Paige O’Hara lent her voice to one of the most beloved Disney princesses of all time – Belle, in the 1991 film “Beauty and the Beast.” Paige, who was awarded with Disney Legend status in 2011, recently visited Magic Kingdom Park where she met up with Belle and Beast, and shared some of her favorite Disney memories with us.