July is national grilling month and to celebrate, we’re sharing some sizzling grilling tips from Chef Paul Napoli at ESPN Club at Disney’s BoardWalk. If you’re looking to impress guests at your summer barbecue, read on to learn how to cook the perfect steak/chicken/burger!
- Bring your meat to room temperature before cooking, when meat is at room temperature, it won’t tense up as you grill it.
- Season meat well with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Don’t use high heat, keep the heat moderate to avoid flare ups.
- Elevate flavors by basting your meat with a compound butter – we love to combine butter with herbs, garlic and shallot or salt and pepper.
- Use a technique called “equal caramelization,” think of your grill as a clock, and place your meat at 12 o’clock. Make a small turn clockwise approximately every 30 seconds, once your meat is in the 6 o’clock position, it will be ready to flip. While you won’t end up with traditional grill marks, this technique will help you get the most flavor.
- Plate up your perfectly-cooked meat with your favorite sides!
Check out what’s on the grill at ESPN Club by visiting DisneyWorld.com/dining or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.