UPDATE: This event has filled to capacity. Please keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for future event opportunities.
If you watched our coverage of the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts presentation at D23 Expo 2017, you know that a new attraction featuring Mickey Mouse is coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. And to prepare the new home of Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, August 13, 2017 will be the final day of operation for The Great Movie Ride attraction.
Today, we’re offering a chance to join us for a special finale of The Great Movie Ride inside the Chinese Theatre at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The Great Movie Ride After-Hours Meet-Up begins at 9:45 p.m. ET on Friday, July 28, 2017. We are asking attendees to begin arriving at 9 p.m. ET to check in for the late night event.
As you can imagine, space for this experience is limited, and you must sign up here. Only one guest is permitted.
Also, here are a few things you should know:
- All attendees who sign up for the meet-up must be 18 years or older, but guests do not need to be 18 or older.
- Limit one guest per registrant.
- We will send an email to individuals whose valid RSVPs are received by us before we reach the planned capacity to confirm their attendance for the meet-up.
- If confirmed, it will be necessary for the registrant and guest to check in at Disney’s Hollywood Studios theme park for access to the event. The confirmation will include those details.
- Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
- Meet-up confirmations are non-transferrable and have no cash value.
- Confirmation will be for the accepted registered person and guest.
- If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation, then your RSVP was not accepted.
- The meet-up is subject to change or cancellation without notice.
- This post will be updated after capacity has been reached.
We will give an update at the top of this post when capacity has been reached. Please note this experience is subject to restrictions, change and cancellation without notice. Hope to see you out there.
Super sad!!! This is history for all the new generations! I hope the new attraction would be worth it! ?
Will more spots open up for this?
I’m so sad to have missed this I would have loved to go!!
Oh do we know if there will be another of these events, my daughter is such a massive fan of GMR , she is gutted it’s going, I would so love to be able to get this for her to do?
Kind of sad this ride is closing. I hope the exterior remains intact as it is so full of rich detail.
I think too much has been spent on expansion and not enough to retain rides that require royalties. Next on the chopping block HTH?
Will the beautiful appointments of Art Deco slowly be taken out of Hollywood Studios, the dawn and era of great movies and films?
HS has always been a favorite park for me, with it’s decor and variety and this was a must ride multiple times during the day. It has a lot of great American history tied into the films that most of us might not have heard of without this ride.
History is important.
Sure gonna miss The Great Movie Ride when it closes by then, I barely got a chance to see the updated “TCM-sponsored” version of the ride.
On the Plus Side, I think its great that Mickey will FINALLY have his own ride after 60+ years.
But one question though, will the celebrity hand/feet-print cement (Including Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, & Roger Rabbit’s hand/feet-prints) also be removed along with the closure of TGMR, or will they stay intact with the new Mickey Mouse ride?
Just wondering if anyone has received confirmation yet.
I’m sorry to have missed this posting, my grandfather helped build this ride and would have loved spending time with others who enjoy it. If 1 spot opens up (I don’t need a guest) I would love to be added to the list. Thank you 🙂