This week, we shared another new feature on the My Disney Experience app that we thought you’d find valuable – Online Check-In.
Guests staying at Disney Resort hotels can use Disney’s Online Check-In service on the My Disney Experience mobile app, expediting their arrival while providing additional convenience, flexibility and customization of their experience. With just a few taps of the screen, you can make room requests, add credit card information and authorize charges, submit an estimated arrival time to help prompt room access, receive a notification when your room is ready and more. Please note that room requests are not guaranteed and guests must provide consent to receive notifications.
Check out our original story for details.
Also, regular Disney Parks Blog readers know that Mission: SPACE is relaunching on August 13 with brand new experiences. This week, we shared even more details on the more family-friendly Green Mission – a new mission that takes you on an exciting orbit around Earth – as well as our Orange Mission that offers a truly intense experience that lets you feel the force of an actual space launch en route to Mars. Visit our original story for more.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- The Dress Shop Returns to Cherry Tree Lane in Marketplace Co-Op at Disney Springs on July 27 – The Dress Shop, a delightful apparel and accessories collection created especially for Disney Parks, returns to Cherry Tree Lane in the Marketplace Co-Op at Disney Springs on July 27.
- New Late Night Menu at Galactic Grill in Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park – Guests at Disneyland park can now enjoy a new late night menu at Galactic Grill in Tomorrowland. Perfect for grabbing a quick bite after taking in “Fantasmic!,” these eats will be available from 9 p.m. until the park closes.
- New BaseLine Tap House Part of New Grand Avenue Area at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Debuting this fall, the new Grand Avenue area at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is being re-imagined by Walt Disney Imagineering to capture the spirit of present-day Downtown Los Angeles, showing vintage office buildings and warehouses representing the different vibrant districts and cultures of the city.
- Disneyland Railroad Through the Years – With the return of the Disneyland Railroad on Saturday, July 29, guests will once again embark on the classic grand circle tour of Walt Disney’s original Magic Kingdom.
- Back-To-School Shopping Begins at Disney Springs – Before you know it, the first day of school will be here. So today, we’re visiting Disney Springs for a first look at some “must have” back to school items and accessories to make this year extra magical.
- Cool Off in Our Favorite Shady Spots at Disneyland Resort – There are many ways to stay cool during a warm day at the Disneyland Resort, like stopping for a rest in a nice, shady spot.