This week, we shared an exciting milestone from the Toy Story Land construction site at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The final piece of track has been installed on Slinky Dog Dash, a family coaster that will debut as one of the land’s two new attractions when Toy Story Land opens in summer 2018.
Check out the video above to hear what our Imagineers have to say about this milestone. And don’t forget to stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more information on what to expect from Toy Story Land in summer 2018.
We also shared an update that The VOID’s new, groundbreaking hyper-reality experience, Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire is coming to Downtown Disney at the Disneyland Resort and Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort.
Beginning this holiday season, Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire will transport you to a galaxy far, far away where you’ll be able to engage with friends, family and Star Wars characters through sight, sound, touch, smell, and motion. Check our original story for more details.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- VIDEO – 7 Snacks For $5 at Disneyland Park – We’re sharing our favorite Disneyland park snacks that won’t break the bank. Each snack comes in right around (or under!) $5.
- ‘Dream Big, Princess’ Movement Continues to Inspire Girls to Dream – Since it first launched in 2016, Disney’s “Dream Big, Princess” movement has inspired young dreamers around the world to realize their full potential. You can meet your favorite princesses at our Disney Parks and Resorts around the world and discover how their unique qualities helped them achieve their dreams, like Ariel’s courage to explore new worlds or Cinderella’s determination to never give up.
- 8 New Desserts for ‘Happily Ever After’ Dessert Party in Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort – A sweet way to end the day in Magic Kingdom Park just got sweeter, with new desserts and a second location for viewing the Magic Kingdom Park “Happily Ever After” fireworks spectacular.
- See the Main Street Electrical Parade Before it Ends Limited-Time Disneyland Park Run August 20 – Main Street Electrical Parade is nearing the end of its limited-time run at Disneyland park! Don’t miss your chance to experience this beloved parade in the place it began – Main Street, U.S.A., at Disneyland park – now through August 20.
- Celebrate 35 Years of Epcot at the 22nd International Food & Wine Festival – It’s August – and that means we’re now just weeks away from unveiling a record number of amazing food and wine Marketplaces (35) to celebrate 35 years of Epcot at the 22nd Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. This year’s event is bigger and better than ever and we have an early peek at what’s to come with Epcot chef Gregg Hannon.
- Go Behind-the-Scenes at Walt Disney World Resort on the Backstage Magic Tour – Have you ever wanted to go backstage to see just how the magic is brought to life here at Walt Disney World Resort? On the Walt Disney World Resort Backstage Magic Tour, you can do just that, and enjoy a one-of-a-kind VIP look at the inner workings on an amazing 7-hour journey through The Most Magical Place on Earth.