This week, Halloween officially returned to the Walt Disney World Resort with the first night of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park. The parties are held on 32 nights throughout the fall season and feature all kinds of fun frights. To celebrate the occasion, we shared a special video created for Disney Parks Blog readers.
Walt Disney Imagineering and project teams responsible for bringing Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to life at Disneyland park celebrated a major milestone this week as well — the topping out of the tallest peak in the 14-acre land.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is set to open in 2019, first at the Disneyland Resort and later that year at the Walt Disney World Resort. Check out George’s original story for more details and images, including a look at the progress being made on Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the Walt Disney World Resort.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Matt Bomer, Warwick Davis, Chandra Wilson, Whoopi Goldberg Added To List of Candlelight Narrators
- Help #SaveGroot at Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark During Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort
- Don’t Miss This Summer Fun at the Disneyland Resort
- Disney Parks Bento Magic – Br’er Rabbit on Splash Mountain Attraction
- For the First Time Ever, Walt Disney World Restaurants Are on the Menu for Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Month
- Top Ten Cool Eats for Hot Days at Disneyland Resort
- Force Friday II Merchandise Event Coming to Disney Parks on September 1