The sun is out and summertime is keeps rolling along – it’s the perfect season for some cold treats and light-on-the tummy eats! Here are my top 10 favorites at Disneyland Resort.
10. Bifrosties – Behind Schmoozies at Disney California Adventure park, Bifrosties is serving up flavored shaved ice…but only during Summer of Heroes, which ends September 10. My favorite is Spider Venom (blue raspberry and cherry with condensed milk)!
9. Caprese on Focaccia Bread – Tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, lettuce, citrus aioli, basil vinaigrette and balsamic glaze combine on delicious focaccia bread for a satisfying summer lunch at Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe in Disneyland park.
8. Lobster Roll – If you haven’t yet found this gem at Harbour Galley in Critter Country, you are missing out! Chilled lobster salad is served on a toasted, buttered roll for a filling – but not too filling – meal.
7. Gourmet Cheese Plate and Cold Cut Plate – Enjoy these nibbles with a chilled glass of Chardonnay at Sonoma Terrace in Disney California Adventure park for a relaxing afternoon.
6. Flo’s Classic Chocolate Shake – I love a chocolate milkshake, especially when it’s topped with “Road Gravel.” And Flo’s V8 Cafe has one of my favorite outdoor dining locations in all of Disneyland Resort, where you can chill out in the shade with your shake and a spectacular view of the Cadillac Mountain Range.
5. Fanta Orange Float – Two Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream plus Fanta Orange soda equals heaven in a cup. Creamy, refreshing and colorful, this drink always has other guests asking me, “What’s that?!” That’s when I point them in the direction of Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.
4. Ahi Poke – You can find this traditional Hawaiian dish at a variety of locations throughout Disney California Adventure park, but I’m recommending Tangaroa Terrace at Disneyland Hotel as a relaxing escape from the hustle and bustle of the theme parks. Order up a serving and sit in the outside dining area, overlooking the retro-themed pools and waterslides.
3. World Famous Hot Fudge Sundae – At Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop, I ask for mine with a scoop of Cookies ‘n Cream and a scoop of Cookie Dough ice cream.
2. Cobb Salad – Hands down, without question, the Cobb Salad at Plaza Inn on Main Street, U.S.A., is my favorite salad. Not just at the Disneyland Resort – anywhere. I don’t know if it’s some magic with the salad itself or the iconic location, but in my opinion, you can’t beat it.
1. Boysen Apple Freeze – Sharing the top spot with Red’s Apple Freeze (its cousin at Disney California Adventure park), Boysen Apple Freeze wins the top spot for me because it is refreshing and a bit lighter – made with frozen apple juice, a hint of wild berry and topped with passion fruit foam.
What is your favorite cold treat for a hot day at the Disneyland Resort? Which of you will be the first to point out that I didn’t mention the Dole Whip? And you thought I forgot…