Tuesday evening, hundreds of Disney Parks Blog readers gathered at Disney California Adventure park for a unique evening of science, storytelling and Disney magic at the Disney Parks Blog Galactic Meet-Up. The evening began with a panel discussion featuring a group of scientists, explorers and storytellers.
- Capt. Mike Foreman – Former NASA astronaut
- Dr. Kimberly Ennico Smith – NASA Astrophysicist
- Stephen Wacker – Vice President of Development, TV and New Media, Marvel Entertainment
- John Mauro – Regional Executive Producer, Walt Disney Imagineering
- Amy Jupiter – Executive Media Producer, Walt Disney Imagineering
This fascinating panel discussion explored the ways science influences the storytelling that we bring to life in innovative ways at Disney Parks as well as the ways stories inspire scientists to think differently about how they explore our universe.
Following the panel discussion, event guests were treated to a dessert reception featuring appearances by Star-Lord and Gamora as well as the opportunity to experience the new Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark. Take a look at this out-of-this-world event!
We were also excited to welcome students from the Anaheim Union High School District, each with an interest in science education. After watching the panel discussion, the students were invited onto the Hyperion Theater stage to meet and talk with the panelists.
Did you attend the Disney Parks Blog Galactic Meet-Up? What was your favorite part? Let us know in the comments!