UPDATE: This event has reached capacity and confirmation emails are being sent. Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for future opportunities!
Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! has been taking Disney California Adventure park guests on an out-of-this-world adventure since its opening earlier this summer. If you’ve ever wondered what inspires the storytellers behind experiences like this, join us at the Disney Parks Blog Galactic Meet-Up!
The evening of Tuesday, Sept. 19, NASA representatives will join Imagineers along with the creative minds behind some of your favorite Super Hero stories for a unique panel discussion exploring how the science of space exploration influences the storytelling that we bring to life in innovative ways at Disney Parks. Following this exciting discussion, event guests will have the opportunity to experience the new Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark.
Scheduled to participate in panel discussion*:
- Capt. Mike Foreman – Retired U.S. Navy pilot and NASA astronaut
- Dr. Kimberly Ennico Smith – Astrophysicist, Space Sciences Division, NASA
- Stephen Wacker – Vice President of Development, TV and New Media, Marvel Entertainment
- John Mauro – Regional Executive Producer, Walt Disney Imagineering
- Amy Jupiter – Executive Media Producer, Walt Disney Imagineering
*Panelists are subject to change or cancellation without notice
Space for this experience is limited, and you must sign up here. Confirmation emails will be sent after registration has reached capacity.
Please remember the following:
- All participants who sign up for this experience must be 18 years or older, but guests of the participants may be younger than 18.
- Limit one guest per registrant.
- Confirmations are non-transferrable and have no cash value.
- Confirmation will be for the accepted registered person plus one guest.
- Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
- Space is limited to 450 registrants. Registrations will be accepted in the order received based on eligibility and capacity.
- Disney California Adventure park admission will be provided beginning at 8 p.m., but participants will be responsible for any parking fees.
I will give an update at the top of this post when capacity has been reached. Please note this experience is subject to restrictions, change and cancellation without notice.