UPDATE: This event has filled to capacity. Please keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for future event opportunities.
“Thor: Ragnarok” thunders into theaters Nov. 3, and today we are inviting Disney Parks Blog readers to be among the first to see the new film in the place where Super Heroes have landed – Disneyland Resort! The morning of Saturday, Oct. 28, we will host a special advanced screening of “Thor: Ragnarok” at AMC Downtown Disney 12 at the Disneyland Resort – nearly a week before it officially opens in theaters.
And be sure to come ready to battle alongside the God of Thunder dressed in your own super hero costume!*
In “Thor: Ragnarok,” Asgard is threatened, but Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his hammer. To escape and save his homeworld, he must fight his former ally and fellow Avenger — the Incredible Hulk!
Can’t make it to the special advanced screening? Be sure to catch “Thor: Ragnarok” in theaters Nov. 3.
Register now to join us the morning of Saturday, Oct. 28! Space for the event is limited and you must sign up here. Please remember the following:
- All participants who sign up for the event must be 18 years or older, but guests of the participants may be younger than 18.
- Only one registration per person is allowed.
- Limit one guest per registrant.
- Event confirmations are non-transferrable and have no cash value.
- Confirmation will be for the accepted registered person plus one guest.
- Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
- Space is limited to 210 registrants. Registrations will be accepted in the order received based on eligibility and capacity.
- Participants will be responsible for any parking fees.
- “Thor: Ragnarok” is rated PG-13 and will be presented in IMAX 3D.
- Please arrive early. Seating is first come, first seated. No one will be admitted late. The screening may be overbooked and seating is not guaranteed. Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures (WDSMP), the Disneyland Resort, the theatre, the promoter and their affiliates are not responsible for overbooking. We may refuse, revoke or limit admission in our sole discretion at any time.
- NO RECORDING. The screening will be monitored for unauthorized recording. By attending, you agree not to bring any video or audio recording devices (including, without limitation, cameras and mobile devices) into the venue and you consent to a physical search of your belongings and person for recording devices. If you attempt to enter with a recording device, you will be denied admission. If you attempt to use a recording device during this screening, you consent to your immediate removal from the venue and forfeiture of your recording device and its contents. Any attempted unauthorized recording will be reported to law enforcement and may subject you to criminal and civil liability. We reserve the right to pursue any and all available remedies at law and in equity for any unauthorized recording and/or copyright infringement, including without limitation statutory damages of up to $150,000 per violation, and nothing contained in this notice shall be construed to limit our available remedies and/or legal recourse. You assume all risks of personal injury arising from or incidental to attending the screening, whether occurring prior to, during, or after the event. Further, by attending you grant permission to Marvel, Disney Destinations, and their licensees, licensors, affiliates and agents, to record and utilize your name, voice and likeness to publicize the screening and promote the movie and/or the Disneyland Resort. REMEMBER: NO RECORDING DEVICES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION MOBILE DEVICES, CAMERAS, LAPTOPS, IPADS, ETC.) PERMITTED!
I will give an update at the top of this post when capacity has been reached. Please note the event is subject to change or cancellation without notice.
While we encourage creativity, we also value safety and good judgment. Please take a moment to read over our latest rules and regulations:
- All Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground (e.g., full-length Princess dresses)
For Guests Ages 13 and Under:
Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible
For Guests Ages 14 and Older:
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts and hats are acceptable
- Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords and tutus
- Masks of any kind may not be worn, except for medical purposes
Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or be removed from, the event, unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards. Please note: all rules, regulations and guidelines are subject to change without notice.