Today, we’re celebrating the 35th anniversary of Epcot at the Walt Disney World Resort – and all week, we’ve been sharing stories leading up to the occasion, including exclusive artwork, early looks at special items and a surprise from our video vault.
Our video featured the original “The Dream Called EPCOT” film and its look inside WED Enterprises during the “Imagineering” of EPCOT Center in the 1970s. It originally ran on a loop in the EPCOT Preview Center at Magic Kingdom Park as an introduction to a new kind of Disney theme park, showcasing exciting experiences in the park’s Future World and World Showcase areas.
Check Jennifer’s original story for more details and check back later for coverage of the day.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Oscar Martinez, Longest-Tenured Disney Parks Cast Member, Retires – After more than 60 years serving up magic and memories at The Happiest Place on Earth, Carnation Café chef Oscar Martinez retired on September 27. Oscar began working at Disneyland on December 29, 1956 – a year after the park opened.
- Celebrate Epcot’s 35th Anniversary With This New Wallpaper – As we commemorate the 35th anniversary of Epcot, designer Christine Lee was inspired by our favorite geodesic dome to create a special wallpaper for your enjoyment.
- QUIZ: How Well Do You Know Spaceship Earth? – Epcot’s 35th anniversary takes place Sunday, October 1. And since the park’s opening day, one attraction that has been a focal point for the park, not to mention the backdrop to countless guest photos, as been the park’s iconic Spaceship Earth attraction. How well do you know this “grand and miraculous” attraction?
- Watch as the Disney Parks Blog Team Transforms Into Residents of the Haunted Mansion – Earlier this month, the Disney Parks Blog team kicked off the return of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park by hosting a meet-up for 200 of our readers. This year, our team really wanted to up our costume game, so we enlisted the expertise of the team over at Special Events Costuming & Cosmetology.
- Behind the Scenes: Waltzing Through ‘Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade’ – Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is in full swing for the fall season, which means the popular “Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade” is stepping down Main Street, U.S.A., several times a week.
- VIDEO: Spooky Fun for Everyone During Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort – Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort has expanded, with even more spooky fun at Disney California Adventure park! Take a look at the video to see what is new and which favorites have returned!