This week, Disney Parks Blog readers were among the first to learn that we’re opening a Four Diamond hotel at the Disneyland Resort. The stunning 700-room hotel, which is set to open in 2021, will transform the west end of the Downtown Disney District and anchor a new gateway to the Disneyland Resort.
The new hotel will feature extensive landscaping and water elements – showcasing nature on every level of the hotel. The hotel’s location embraces the iconic Disneyland Monorail with a dedicated platform inside for direct transport into Disneyland park. Check Erin’s original story for more details.
We also continued our exclusive “All in the Details” series with a look at a new area planned for Toy Story Land – Woody’s Lunch Box. As you can see, Woody’s Lunch Box – like the rest of Toy Story Land – has been adorably strewn about with some of Andy’s favorite toys and items from his lunch. Visit Jennifer’s original story for more details.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Pixar Fest Brings Celebration of Friendship Throughout Disneyland Resort Beginning April 13, 2018 – As Disney Parks Chairman Bob Chapek announced at the D23 Expo in July, Disneyland Resort guests are invited to celebrate their favorite Disney·Pixar stories during Pixar Fest. Beginning April 13, 2018, this limited-time celebration of friendship and beyond will feature the debut of an all-new fireworks spectacular and the return of two favorite parades as well as even more beloved Pixar characters, new décor, atmosphere entertainment, themed food and beverage and new merchandise items.
- Galactic Goodies Galore at Star Wars: Galactic Nights – Calling all Star Wars fans – Star Wars: Galactic Nights returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on Dec. 16 with out-of-this-world food and beverage offerings that are sure to leave you dreaming of a galaxy far, far away …
- Join the Fun at ‘Disney Junior Dance Party!’ at Disney California Adventure Park – Little ones at Disney California Adventure park have more reason than ever to get on their feet and start dancing! “Disney Junior Dance Party!,” presented by Pull-Ups®, is rocking Hollywood Land with high-energy songs, dazzling special effects, new friends and beloved characters including Mickey Mouse himself.
- Experience Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark All Day on October 31 at Disney California Adventure Park – Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! has transformed into Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark during Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort. The Guardians have successfully escaped The Collector’s Fortress, but they have accidentally left Groot behind! Rocket enlists you to distract the creatures that have been accidentally released inside The Collector’s Fortress so he can find and rescue his little buddy.
- Disney Parks Sweet Treats: October 2017 – If you’re looking for some of the best desserts around, look no further than Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen in the Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort. This Louisiana-inspired restaurant recently received a Golden Foodie Award for 2017 Best Dessert Menu in Orange County! With selections ranging from classic Beignets to Double Chocolate Bread Pudding Soufflé, these gourmet desserts are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- Halloween DIY: Top Five Halloween Makeup Tips Inspired by Disney Parks Attractions – This weekend, many of you may be heading to a Halloween party, fall festival or other fun seasonal event – maybe even a Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!