This week, we shared an exciting update on what to expect when Pixar Pier opens at Disney California Adventure in summer 2018. The new, permanent land in the area that is now Paradise Pier will feature the new Incredicoaster, four new neighborhoods, entertainment, themed foods, and merchandise.
The first of the four themed Pixar Pier neighborhoods will be inspired by “The Incredibles” and feature the new Incredicoaster, permanently transformed from the attraction that is now California Screamin’. This experience will include a mid-century-modern-style loading area, new character moments and a new look for the ride vehicles.
Visit Erin’s original story to learn more about all of the new neighborhoods representing beloved Disney·Pixar stories.
Disney Parks Blog readers were also among the first to learn how we’re celebrating Mickey Mouse’s birthday this month. The big day is November 18! And during the celebration, you’ll be able to join in on the #HappyBirthdayMickey fun at all of our Disney Parks around the world.
Visit our original story for details on how we’re celebrating Mickey Mouse’s birthday.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Buon appetito! Disney Springs Welcomes Three New Italian Concepts – Coming this winter, three modern Italian restaurants will be arriving at Disney Springs. These restaurants, all new concepts created by the Patina Restaurant Group, each feature unique menus and authentic Italian food in a beautiful and expansive dining complex.
- 9 ‘Walls’ Disney Parks Super Fans Deem Instagram Worthy – They’ve got color and quirky style, which is why “Disney Walls” have become unofficial fan-favorite photo locations for many guests visiting a Disney theme park. Photos with vibrant or multicolored “Disney Walls” as a backdrop have been a growing trend on Instagram and Twitter.
- Choza de Margarita Opens Soon at Mexico Pavilion in Epcot World Showcase at Walt Disney World Resort – Construction walls will be coming down shortly at the Mexico Pavilion at Epcot World Showcase as the new Choza de Margarita nears completion, a cool new walk-up window for authentic Mexican beverages and street fare.
- First Look: Major Construction Underway at Tokyo Disneyland – Tokyo Disney Resort broke ground on a new large-scale development at Tokyo Disneyland this past April, and today we’re excited to share with you the very first glimpse of what’s happening behind the scenes to bring fun new experiences to the resort through 2020.
- Unwrap the Magic of the Holidays on a Special Tour at Walt Disney World Resort – With the holiday season just around the corner, the Walt Disney World Resort is quickly becoming a winter wonderland. Interested in learning the secrets behind this magical, festive transformation?
- What’s New for Holidays at the Disneyland Resort, Returning November 10 through January 7 – The holidays begin here! Beginning November 10, some of your returning favorites will feature a bit more magic during Holidays at the Disneyland Resort.