This week, we shared an exciting update that guests on Star Tours – The Adventures Continue at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disneyland park can discover a thrilling NEW journey to the farthest reaches of space by landing on a planet in the outer rim of the Star Wars galaxy – a planet known to C-3PO, and now to us, as Batuu.
There are more details on this remote outpost on the galaxy’s edge in Scott’s original story.
Also, Disney Parks Blog readers were among the first to learn that beginning in 2018, a new nighttime series of events will be kicking off at the Disneyland Resort – and the first after-hours event will be Throwback Nite!
At Throwback Nite, guests will step back in time to the ‘50s and ‘60s for a taste of the classic after-dark experience at Disneyland. Tickets for Throwback Nite will be available on Disneyland.com for Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders beginning Nov. 30 and for general public beginning Dec. 7.
Check out Erin’s original story for more details.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- A Toast to the Holiday Season! – Disney is not short on festive holiday celebrations on either coast with Flurry of Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot International Festival of the Holidays, Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure park, and Holidays at the Disneyland Resort.
- Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer Coming to Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort in 2018 – Known for its award-winning burgers and signature CrazyShake™ milkshakes, Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer will open its first California location in the heart of Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort next year.
- New Disney Parks Attractions and Entertainment Awarded for Global Excellence – It’s been an incredible year so far at Disney Parks, with unprecedented growth and exciting offerings at all of our resorts around the world. We’re happy to share that these new experiences were just honored by the Themed Entertainment Association (TEA), which represents the global themed entertainment industry.
- Holiday DIY: Make A ‘Mickey Snowflake Ornament’ Candy Apple – The Candy Cauldron at Disney Springs is overflowing with mouthwatering holiday treats – everything from Christmas stocking krispy treats to Santa Mickey apples and much more.
- Four-Step Plan For the Perfect Star Wars Day at Sea – There’s no better way to celebrate your family’s love for Star Wars than with one epic day of galactic experiences aboard a weeklong Disney cruise to the Caribbean. Starting this January, Star Wars Day at Sea returns to the Disney Fantasy on 15 special sailings through April.
- Foodie Guide to Holidays at the Disneyland Resort – Holidays at the Disneyland Resort is here, and I’m excited to share with you all of the wonderful treats that are in store for the most magical season of the year! From now until January 7, 2018, you’ll be able to find everything on this guide at various locations throughout Disneyland Resort.