The Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort is continuing its ambitious, promenade-wide transformation in 2018. Multiple new venues and significant refurbishments to marquee dining and retail locations, including the World of Disney store, will be completed throughout the year while Downtown Disney District remains open to guests. The result will be a fresh, one-of-a-kind Disney experience, immersing guests by day and night in the greatest mix of family-friendly dining, shopping and entertainment.
Wildly popular San Diego-based brewer Ballast Point will open its first Orange County location in Downtown Disney District later this year. Ballast Point pairs its high-quality, award-winning beers with an extensive menu of Southern California cuisine—salads, small plates, flatbreads and entrees featuring local, sustainable and seasonal ingredients. The space will house the first-ever on-site brewery, tasting room, kitchen and outdoor beer garden at Downtown Disney District. Construction is scheduled to begin soon, across from Catal Restaurant and Uva Bar.
Recently opened in Downtown Disney District is the multi-sensory experience Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire by ILMxLAB and The VOID. The hyper-reality experience transports guests deep into the Star Wars universe, allowing them to walk freely and untethered throughout the space.
Other exciting experiences slated to open in 2018 include:
- World of Disney will be reimagined into a new, dynamic and distinctly Disney retail environment. The flagship store will remain open to guests for shopping during the majority of the refurbishment, with work expected to be completed in phases throughout 2018.
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes will offer a unique combination of dining, drinks, bowling and entertainment.
Opening on January 29.
- Disney Home will offer fans a variety of Disney-themed home goods. Opening in February 2018.
- Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria will undergo renovations to expand its outside patio with a new outside bar. Inside, three wood burning ovens will be installed to better meet guests’ demands for authentic Napoletana-style pizza pies. The restaurant will remain open throughout construction, which is slated to be completed in fall 2018.
- Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer will serve its award-winning burgers and signature CrazyShake™ milkshakes in a casual atmosphere. Opening later this year.
Don’t forget to visit other locations at Downtown Disney District, including The LEGO Store, Curl Surf, Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen, Sephora, Sprinkles, PANDORA Jewelry, The Dream Boutique and more!
There are even more great updates coming in 2018, so please stay tuned. What are you looking forward to most at Downtown Disney District?
Exciting stuff coming! Is there somewhere we can see a map or drawing of all the changes coming to downtown Disney?
Sad to think we’ve got to loose a Family-Friendly restaurant like Rainforest and Build A Bear – so popular, and then open another bar. The DTD district is becoming less and less Family friendly.
Some cool new eateries–awesome! I look forward to trying some new tasty burgers and boozy milkshakes–you can keep your beer, heh.
Still sad we’re losing the amazing Rainforest Cafe–for being a non-Disney property, its level of theming always made it feel like a perfect fit in Downtown Disney!
Finally putting the build-a-bear balcony to use!
@Liz based on the concept art released, it looks like Ballast Point is going in build-a-bear’s old spot, and Black Tap (announced a couple months ago) is going into the ridemakerz spot.
Just curious if this will be upstairs or downstairs and if this is going into the old Ridemakerz? Looking forward to all the other updates!
Ballast Point will be on the second floor of the building that formerly housed Build-A-Bear, Ridemakerz and Chapel Hats. Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer will be on the ground floor.