This week, we kicked off a new year of Disney Parks Blog storytelling with several stories featuring what’s to come in 2018 at the Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort and Disney destinations around the world.
It’s going to be unforgettable year of anniversaries, expansions and new experiences for guests visiting Disney destinations. Visit our original 2018 story for a quick round-up.
Also, check out Jennifer’s “18 Reasons to Visit Walt Disney World in 2018” post for details on an amazing land set to debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the return of guest-favorite festivals, new dining locations and more.
And don’t miss Erin’s “New Experiences and Returning Favorites Coming to Disneyland Resort in 2018” story for a look at Star Wars experiences, our Lunar New Year Festival, Pixar Fest and more.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on:
- Moms Panel Monday: Travel Tips for Little Ones – Traveling with a preschooler or infant has never been easier at the Walt Disney World Resort thanks to FastPass+, Rider Switch and Baby Care Centers. Join Lindsey P. of the Disney Parks Moms Panel as she shares some tips and tricks for navigating a day in the parks with your little ones.
- 5 Things We Know About Toy Story Land So Far – One of the things we’re looking forward to most in 2018 is the much-anticipated debut of Toy Story Land here at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The expansion will shrink guests to the size of a toy and allow them to explore Andy’s backyard, which has been delightfully scattered with toys from the “Toy Story” films.
- New Year, New You? Embrace the Start of 2018 at Disney Springs – With every new year comes a brand-new opportunity to start fresh. Disney Springs offers plenty of ways to help you become the best version of yourself. Mindful menu items? Fitness fun? Relaxation and renewal? Check, check and check!
- runDisney Announces 2018 Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon – Greetings from a galaxy far, far away. We are excited to announce that runDisney is giving runners everywhere the opportunity to participate in the first-ever Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon and earn a uniquely designed Star Wars-themed medal.
- Sneak Peek: Splitsville Luxury Lanes at Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort – Splitsville Luxury Lanes will be opening its doors soon at Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort. A lot of progress has been made to the spectacular 40,000-square-foot, two-story venue!
- Main Street, U.S.A., Vehicles and Dumbo the Flying Elephant at Disneyland Park to Begin Updates Jan. 8 – Two original Disneyland park attractions will close temporarily beginning Jan. 8 to receive updates. For the first time, the horse-drawn streetcar track on Main Street, U.S.A., will be replaced in its entirety, temporarily pausing the operation of all Main Street, U.S.A. vehicles. Also, Dumbo the Flying Elephant will receive a new queue location for guest comfort and accessibility.