This week, Minnie Mouse marked a milestone in Disney history by receiving a star on the legendary Hollywood Walk of Fame in Hollywood, California, in celebration of her 90th anniversary.
Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger and global pop icon and judge of ABC’s “American Idol” Katy Perry, presented the honor to Minnie Mouse in front of Hollywood’s legendary El Capitan Theatre. Visit Jennifer’s original story for more images and details.
We also shared an update that our popular Egg-stravaganza scavenger hunt is coming back to the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival along with something new – Spike’s Pollen Nation Exploration.
In this new springtime scavenger hunt, Disney’s favorite honey bee, Spike, has been pollinating his way around the festival, giving gardeners of any age the chance to follow his pollination trail around World Showcase at Epcot.
Spike’s Pollen Nation Exploration will run for the duration of the Flower & Garden Festival (February 28-May 28), while the Egg-stravaganza will run from March 16-April 1. Visit our original story for more information on both experiences.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Disney Parks Best Bites: January 2018 – Are you ready for some rose gold REALNESS? Well, than this month’s Best Bites is for you! Alongside some amazing new items across Walt Disney World Resort, we’re kicking off 2018 with a brand-new addition to Disney’s family of rose gold offerings: a ROSE GOLD MINNIE MOUSE CUPCAKE!
- Happy 35th Anniversary to Tokyo Disney Resort – Konnichiwa, Disney Parks Blog readers! On April 15, 1983, Tokyo Disneyland opened its gates as the first Disney theme park built outside of the U.S. and has now grown to become Japan’s most popular family destination. Starting this April, join us as we celebrate the park’s 35th Anniversary during the ‘Happiest Celebration!’
- Ballast Point and More Exciting Changes Coming to Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort in 2018 – The Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort is continuing its ambitious, promenade-wide transformation in 2018.The result will be a fresh, one-of-a-kind Disney experience, immersing guests by day and night in the greatest mix of family-friendly dining, shopping and entertainment.
- Star Wars Day at Sea and Marvel Day at Sea Returning in 2019 – Fans of the Force and the Marvel Universe rejoice! In 2019, epic adventures at sea return to Disney Cruise Line with special engagements of two popular itineraries – Star Wars Day at Sea and Marvel Day at Sea.
- Lunar New Year Celebration Begins Today at Disney California Adventure Park – We’re celebrating the Year of the Dog, now through February 18, during the popular Lunar New Year celebration at Disney California Adventure park!