This week, Disney Parks Blog readers were among the first to learn that beloved stories from several Disney films will come to life at Walt Disney World in the form of new attractions, entertainment, experiences and more at all four parks, setting up summer 2018 to truly be an “Incredible Summer.”
Check out Jennifer’s original “Incredible Summer” story to see what to expect at each Walt Disney World Resort location.
And we continued our “Sketches From the Park” series with a special live stream featuring the art of Disney Artist Will Gay. (Watch the full replay here).
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Star Wars: Galactic Nights Returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios May 27 – Heads up Star Wars fans – the Star Wars: Galactic Nights one-night special event will return to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on May 27.
- Get Fit with Finds from Disney Springs – Do you find yourself needing some extra motivation to keep your New Year’s resolutions going strong? Queue cute workout clothes, supportive shoes, and great gear, all available at Disney Springs.
- Mobile Order Now Available for Walt Disney World Resort Guests Using Disney Dining Plans – We’re excited to introduce Mobile Order to a whole new audience of guests. With a My Disney Experience update launching earlier this week, guests with Disney dining plans can redeem meals and snacks in Mobile Order, providing them with more free time to enjoy all of the attractions and entertainment experiences throughout Walt Disney World Resort.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of America Chapters Host Family Volunteer Activities, Earn Disney Parks Tickets – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orange County and the Inland Empire earned tickets by hosting a carnival for children they serve that included a service project. Disney VoluntEARS were “BIGS for a day” at the carnival, creating care packages for seniors in need with their “littles.”
- Disneyland Resort Horses Kick Up Their Hooves While Main Street, U.S.A., Enhancements Underway – In the absence of regular shifts on Main Street, U.S.A., our four-legged cast members are following their usual routines in order to keep fit—both physically and mentally. Each horse has a schedule for grooming, bathing, driving, riding and ground work.
- José & Panchito Will Join Discovery Island Carnivale at Disney’s Animal Kingdom February 4 – José and Panchito, Donald’s feathery friends from “The Three Caballeros,” join the fun of Discovery Island Carnivale at Disney’s Animal Kingdom starting February 4.